Unattended Creator

Legolash2o

This will let you have you Windows installed unattended. It's not the most complete unattended out there but it's better than nothing.

post-10183-0-37338800-1332937771_thumb.p

Luckily most of this is self-explanatory, note it is recommended to leave 'Architecture' set to 'AnyCPU' which means it should work for both x64 and x86 installs.

Main

This is where you select the most important parts of the unattended file, like your name, serial key, time zone, screen resolution, updates, Auto-Logon, etc...

Users

The 'Users' tab lets your add pre-installed usernames on the computer, with passwords, user group, description, again self-explanatory.

Editor (Advanced)

It is recommended to leave this alone unless you know what you're doing, since W7T does not have full unattended features it allows users to add their own entries and save them to a file, it also allows the user to see what will be saved.

Serial Keys

These serial keys are known as 'Default Keys', they are basically just used to make the install unattended by leave Windows de-activated and keeps the 30 day trial.

WARNING: If you use a Ultimate serial key then you must install Ultimate otherwise it will error.

Integration

You can use the 'WIM Manager' to integrate a unattended file.

Edited by Legolash2o

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I should post here, but about the Manufacturer Logo information, what exactly should I put there? The path from my computer where the logo is located? or in the image folder? This section only asks the following: "Enter Logo", or something like that.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

This will let you have you Windows installed unattended. It's not the most complete unattended out there but it's better than nothing.

post-10183-0-37338800-1332937771_thumb.p

Luckily most of this is self-explanatory, note it is recommended to leave 'Architecture' set to 'AnyCPU' which means it should work for both x64 and x86 installs.

Where is the section to set to AnyCPU?

Do you mean all entried that look like this

component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86"

Should look like this

component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="AnyCPU"

Edited by laddanator

You are wrong because AnyCPU means:

That means two passes will be writed inside Autounattend.xml file: x86 and amd64 passes!

Regards

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't know if I should post here, but about the Manufacturer Logo information, what exactly should I put there? The path from my computer where the logo is located? or in the image folder? This section only asks the following: "Enter Logo", or something like that.

Cheers

What is the answer for this question, I am in the same boat.

• 7 months later...

Cheers

What is the answer for this question, I am in the same boat.

I used the file copy option in all in one integrator to copy the .BMP file what contains my company logo to:

C:\Windows\System32\oobe

and this path file i filled in at the enter logo in unattended creator.

and it worked :)

Now i have a question about the unattended setup of windows 8 and windows 8.1

now day's microsoft uses an encrypted key in the bios. if i use a unattended dvd for installation in combination with the right version (8 or 8.1) it will not ask for a key.

so if i uncheck the serial and autoactivation and create my unattended installation the windows setup will come with the error:

Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file

how to make a unattended installation without windows 8 asking for the key? :)

Try leaving ProductKey blank or using ei.cfg to skip serial

i continue trying for the right config. I ended using this config that worked on a VM what i use for testing. the Setup asks for a licence key and i manually enter the trial key so the setups continue. So on the VM this works all well. When i copy all the files on the bootable usb stick and want to install it on a Lenovo E73, it doesn't ask for a serial but the setup say's i can install just windows 8 (not the pro that i am slipstreaming and making unattended) 

So this leave's me confused.

I am not formiliar with the ei.cfg, i'll try to figure that out now :)

Autounattend.xml

Edited by OkeePC

Try leaving ProductKey blank or using ei.cfg to skip serial

i continue trying for the right config. I ended using this config that worked on a VM what i use for testing. the Setup asks for a licence key and i manually enter the trial key so the setups continue. So on the VM this works all well. When i copy all the files on the bootable usb stick and want to install it on a Lenovo E73, it doesn't ask for a serial but the setup say's i can install just windows 8 (not the pro that i am slipstreaming and making unattended) 

So this leave's me confused.

I am not formiliar with the ei.cfg, i'll try to figure that out now :)

Thanks! it worked! i have used the attachemend of the previous post and i made a ei.cfg in the source map of the setup folder containing:

[EditionID]
 Windows 8 Pro

[Channel]
 Retail

[VL]

Thank you!