Legolash2o

Capture Image

This tool lets you capture images which then get added to a new *.wim or added to an existing one.

post-10183-0-55277400-1333129633_thumb.p

Step 1: Select your option

Firstly you need to figure out if you want to make a completely new wim or add to an existing one

Warning:If you select the 'New WIM' option and select an image that already exists then it will be completely replaced.

Step 2: Select WIM location

Depending on the option you chose in step 1 then click 'Browse' and select your image you wish to add to OR press 'Save' and select where you wish to save the new image.

Step 3: Select folder

Select the folder you wish to capture inside an *.wim file.

Step 4: Info

W7T will try and fill in the 'Name', 'Description' and 'Flags'.

Note: If you're adding to an existing image then your image name must be unique, it another image has the same 'Name' then it wont work!

Option: Compression

Its best to leave this at the default setting 'Maximum', which ensures a smaller *.wim file size.

Once the above is done, click start :)

It uses imagex. If you want to capture and existing install, I dont think you can do it with the current install unless you boot from another partition/OS option. And if you want to install it on other machines, you will have to sysprep it first.

On 1/11/2014 at 6:31 PM, Legolash2o said:

It uses imagex. If you want to capture and existing install, I dont think you can do it with the current install unless you boot from another partition/OS option. And if you want to install it on other machines, you will have to sysprep it first.

Thanks,

These pages got me thinking about the potential of this tool (high hopes):

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/7384-video-windows-7-aikopk-deployment-101-updated/

http://mythoughtsonit.com/2013/02/dism-exe-replaces-imagex-exe/

When I use the "Capture" option in the latest wtk edition, I see an option that isn't shown in your example sshot, the /norpfix checkbox.

It's by default set on "checked" and when I read about imagex capturing it should be by default set on unchecked, imagex uses by default the rpfix instead of the norpfix.

Am i right? If i capture a mounted wim and i want all things to go smoothly i should capture with the /norpfix checkbox unchecked?

I thought I read it had to be enabled by default so I've now turned it off. I've also updated the GUI to have a help button next to it showing more information about it. :)

Does This Support Capturing Attached VHD ?

Cause i have an modified win 7  vhd & attached it (so its a drive now named F: )

Does wintoolkit capture option supports capturing an attached vhd  ( Drive )  

????