[Official] Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320

ricktendo

Windows_update_icon.png

KB949104 "There is no standalone installer of the windows update agent (v7.6.7600.256 XP and 7.6.7600.320 Win7) available at this time" but I was able to create one using updated files from KB2938066 with the previous version 7.6.7600.243 standalone installer as base (thanks to submix8c)

x64: http://adf.ly/1713566/wuax64

MD5: 93bcbb12d6d53d40a14f2c2899172ee6

Size: 10.7 MB

x86: http://adf.ly/1713566/wuax86

MD5: 8c8c7afec7c17837bee660dcbd035bd0

Size: 9.27 MB

Interesting installer - thank for your work. :) Two questions though:

1. Is the x86 installer usable with windows xp at T-13? Probably I want to make an addon out of it...

2. Can this installer be used alongside with Onepiece's Microsoft Update 7.4.7600.226 true addon? The reson I ask is that I'll also want the office updates to be ''activated'' by default.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried both this one (the ryanvm aio installer) and Onepiece's true addon, also tried the previous version from Onepiece again, and I found out that what a friend of mine discovered is true - the online microsoft.com or windows.com update sites won't work with it, gives a strage error like the BITS service isn't working. It also doesn't work with BITS started and also set to automatic.

I wasn't able to detect this error before because I didn't update through IE, I waited for the updates to appear in the right corner of the taskbar. And I'm pretty sure you can duplicate this issue on your live system. :)

I however found out a working solution - 7.4.7600.226 ''latest'' official xp version works with IE updates. Actually I went back to xable's addons.

So just a thought - maybe you'll consider at some point also making a 7.4.7600.226 version for xp users. :)

Important update: I forgot that when I first went to update.microsoft.com site, a pop-up window appeared, and made me install something - it was Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.256. Although it's not beeing pushed through WU, it's the latest ''official'' version.

This doesn't change the fact that I can't use IE to update (the usual method is ok, updates do appear in the right corner of the taskbar both with your pack and with Onepiece's), unless I use xable's 7.4.7600.226 packs (WU+MU) and then I update it to the latest version through Microsoft's servers. :(

Edited by RicaNeaga

I don't have good news :( Same error with the WU update (windows xp x86 sp3), about a service not working (BITS, Automatic Updates or Event Log - not the case, weird error). Some observations though:

- when I arrived at update.microsoft.com, it made me update windows agent. I couldn't see what was really installed, because the installed update tab was unaccesible (again, the error) - I'm clueless, but I don't think it could have been .257. However, when I installed your AIO with .257, it didn't make me install anything it went straight to giving me the error, so maybe .257 it's seen / named by Microsoft (the same) as .256;

- went to microsoft update, again installed the microsoft update client via the browser (IE8), and again the error;

I'm as I've said clueless, and I can only help you by testing another version again. But please look more into this, since I can confirm there's a 100% working solution with the web WU/MU (xable's older .226 addons) and I really think the error is replicable on the majority of systems out there.

Edited by RicaNeaga

• 1 month later...

Hello!

x86 for Vista:

-http://download.windowsupdate.com/v9/1/windowsupdate/b/selfupdate/WSUS3/x86/Vista/WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cab

-http://download.windowsupdate.com/v9/1/windowsupdate/b/selfupdate/WSUS3/x86/Vista/WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cab

-http://download.windowsupdate.com/v9/1/windowsupdate/b/selfupdate/WSUS3/x86/Vista/WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~7.6.7600.256.cab

Thanks G.

Edited by Gabee

• 5 weeks later...

Use the 3 CABs, you can also extract them from these installers

Can I intergrate these 3 cabs in a Windows 7 x64 SP1-U with Win Toolkit as Updates or NT6.x True Integrator Updates / Addon?

I've read the entire thread, but I'm still scratching my head and asking myself if should integrate these to my media or even if they are applicable with my Windows 7 x64 SP1-U media. Any imsight would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

my current setup wsus 2.0 sp1 Build 2.0.0.2620. all pc was connected to this server. some trouble happen while the pc try to check for update from microsoft website. it will force to install latest official ver 7.6.7600.256. after that, my client will lose connection to wsus server.

checked windowsupdate.log file and found the error.

selfupdate Failure software synchronization Windows update client failed to detect with error 0x800b0001

I think the problem might relate to selfupdate version between wsus and client. then i also have do some testing by reinstall windowsupdateagent30.exe to revert back to ver 7.4. client start to detect again by wsus server.

my question : how to upgrade wsus 2.0 sp1 with latest ver7.6.7600 and more than 30pc have such problem now.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Ricktendo64, I came upon your WU Update installer thread because I had encountered a problem when intergrating a (pretty) recent batch of Win7 updates to make an up to date Win7 x64 image. I had done this many times before, but the last build I made I got a problem when checking for Windows Updates. It told me I had to install an update for Windows Update and then had to reboot before WU would work.

My question is: has this problem been addressed in subsequent .msu updates or must I from now on integrate this WU Update into my Win7 image? If the latter, could you please provide some instruction as to how to do this? I know how to integrate .msu updates but have never integrated .cab files. Thanks for any help :)

• 7 months later...

Hi, new to all this, I,ve managed to integrate the majority of all current updates into a Win 7 ISO in the past couple of days, which went fine.

I have a question regarding Windows Update Agent which you need to download before being allowed to check for updates.

Do I have to integrate the installer provided by ricktendo in the first post aswell as the 3 .cab files.

WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX-x86.cab

WUClient-SelfUpdate-Aux-TopLevel-x86.cab

WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel-x86.cab

Or are the 3 .cab files enough, the reason I ask is because I only integrated the 3 files and don't get prompted to download WUA anymore.

I'm just not sure if this is going to break something further down the road without the actual installer being integrated.

Many Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question.

Alright, Thanks ricktendo, that puts my mind at rest.

As you've mentioned XP which I'll be putting together an ISO of at some point. Would it just be your installer I would need in that case.

Thank you again for your help.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...