[Repak] KB2917500 Revoked Root Certificate

ricktendo

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with this one, both the modified and the official version, so it's not your fault.

The problem is that although it gives an error if I try to add it as a normal update in nlite (rootsupd.exe is ok added directly in nlite), it gives the same error when I try it as an addon, during T-13 (rootsupd.exe is again ok). And it's not a problem of the order of installation, as rootsupd is surely beeing installed first.

So do you think you can modify this installer somehow to correct Microsoft's flaw, making it addable to an offline image, or is it usable only on a live system? Thanks. :)

LE: Or can you make an AIO installer with both, that also satisfies WU? :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

Yep, I thought about making a AIO but chose not to, I could make you one its not too hard

Edit: here it is, first I need you to test it (make sure WU does not complain)

http://adf.ly/1713566/rootsaio

MD5: e6118eedde13e22e9cec8e0f7f976296

BTW I think the reason rootsupd.exe can be added to an offline image is because nLite knows of it, you may have to rename rootsaio.exe to rootsupd.exe in order for nLite to recognize it

Tested it twice on a live system, with two nlite runs (and a third one that revealed nlite limitations), just to be sure. So yes. it really works, and WU is ok, however you MUST name it rootsupd.exe, otherwise nlite won't work with it.

Thank you very much for the help. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yep, I thought about making a AIO but chose not to, I could make you one its not too hard

Edit: here it is, first I need you to test it (make sure WU does not complain)

http://adf.ly/1713566/rootsaio

MD5: e6118eedde13e22e9cec8e0f7f976296

BTW I think the reason rootsupd.exe can be added to an offline image is because nLite knows of it, you may have to rename rootsaio.exe to rootsupd.exe in order for nLite to recognize it

Can you please provide a link for an updated aio pack? Thanks :)