Win Toolkit [The Little Things]

Legolash2o

Hey guys it's time for the next round of 'The Little Things' thread. Most of you will know what this thread is for, if you don't then read below.

This thread is NOT for:

• Requests
  • Bugs

This thread is FOR:

• Spelling mistakes
  • General feedback
  • GUI mistakes or glitches, i.e. progress bar is full when it shouldn't be or things that don't look right
  • Small suggestions
  • Tweaks which don't work correctly
  • Tiny suggestions of how something can be tweaked slightly to work or look better.

NOTE: If you have already made a topic about a bug and it's not fixed yet, then give it a 'bump'.

Posts which have been sorted, fixed, implemented, etc.. will have a strikethough to show that they've been done.

That's actually a very good idea, i didn't think of adding the support for saving form sizes as it must be annoying to resize forms everytime. So yeah i'll add that, however i won't add it for columns as that could take weeks!

well, admittedly i do make smelling pistakes now and then!

I do rear glasses for weeding, and im 49, and after having 5 daughters whom i was a slave to.... well pistakes can happen!

Edited by Muffy

1. Grammatical and spelling suggestions to correct:

The 'Visit Win Toolkit Forum' button on the left is missing kit in Toolkit. Maybe because this is on 120 DPI?

Lego: Your DPI setting

Welcome

" Win Toolkit is a tool which lets you customize your Windows 7 and 8 images, with the ..." --> " ... images. With the ... "

" ... for free and legally, it comes ... " --> " legally. It comes ... "

" ... with a 30 day free trial but you can use ..." --> " ... free trial, but you ..." (add the missing comma conjunction)

Win Toolkit Options

Prevent Sleep tooltip: " Prevent Computer going to sleep whilst Win Tookit is running " --> " Prevent computer from going to sleep whilst Win Tookit is running. " (Also add the ending period to be consistent with the other tooltips)

Quicker Merging tooltip: " ... work alot faster! " --> " ... work a lot faster!"

Prompt Error Logs tooltip: " ... when your exit ... " --> " ... when you exit ... "

There are a bunch of other minor errors like these, but too many to list! I'm not sure it's worth your time.

------------

2. There are small vertical lines on the left side of the buttons whenever you don't hover over them. When do you hover over, they're gone.

------------

3. It took me several minutes to figure out a strange behaviour: if you click on the transparent area directly underneath the title bar (on the same line as the Welcome / Main / Tools / Downloads / About section), Win Toolkit loses focus. Actually, the same happens if you click any transparent area like the borders or small space between the left buttons.

post-25827-0-40550700-1342702115_thumb.p

Edited by Legolash2o

1. Grammatical and spelling suggestions to correct:

The 'Visit Win Toolkit Forum' button on the left is missing kit in Toolkit. Maybe because this is on 120 DPI?

That's your DPI setting.

Welcome

" Win Toolkit is a tool which lets you customize your Windows 7 and 8 images, with the ..." --> " ... images. With the ... "

" ... for free and legally, it comes ... " --> " legally. It comes ... "

" ... with a 30 day free trial but you can use ..." --> " ... free trial, but you ..." (add the missing comma conjunction)

Fixed, thanks.

Win Toolkit Options

Prevent Sleep tooltip: " Prevent Computer going to sleep whilst Win Tookit is running " --> " Prevent computer from going to sleep whilst Win Tookit is running. " (Also add the ending period to be consistent with the other tooltips)

Quicker Merging tooltip: " ... work alot faster! " --> " ... work a lot faster!"

Prompt Error Logs tooltip: " ... when your exit ... " --> " ... when you exit ... "

There are a bunch of other minor errors like these, but too many to list! I'm not sure it's worth your time.

Fixed them all, please tell me as many as you want, the more the merrier!

------------

2. There are small vertical lines on the left side of the buttons whenever you don't hover over them. When do you hover over, they're gone.

That doesn't happen on Windows 8, don't think it's fixable anyway but i'll google some stuff :P

------------

3. It took me several minutes to figure out a strange behaviour: if you click on the transparent area directly underneath the title bar (on the same line as the Welcome / Main / Tools / Downloads / About section), Win Toolkit loses focus. Actually, the same happens if you click any transparent area like the borders or small space between the left buttons.

Yeah i've noticed that too, again i'll have a look to see what i can do

Thanks!

Just another "Little Thing" (hopefully not a big workaround for you:

it would be nice to have the WinToolkit-version in every window of the tool, for example "All-In-One Integrator (1,40.38)", in the top-bar over the menus.

It would be easier to see in the postings the used Toolkit-version.

Regards.

Edited by Legolash2o
Done where possible

The abillity to resize the window and keep it that way as most things do would be great, and although the icons on the download page are nice and big, can smaller icons be conciddered!

Lego: Can't do this as text would not fit in correctly, the buttons themselves would have to remain the same size so smaller icons would just mean more empty space.

When i click on any icon on the download page, explorer opens up behind win toolkit.

is this the way you intended it to be,

Lego: WinToolkit main form is no longer TopMost.

one annoying thing to me anyway, is when i check for win 7 updates, it checks the updates and checks what you have already downloaded which is fantastic by the way, well if theres any new updates, you have to manually scroll up to see what the updates are. can that be sorted

Lego: Sorted

the abillity to chose english only updates in office updates!

Replied to below

keep up the good work.

Edited by Legolash2o

I downloaded Win Toolkit v1.4.0.40 after i put a fresh clean backup on, by fresh i mean xp pro corp as usual, motherboard drivers, winrar and powerdesk. and copied my favorites over to check websites ect!

i can say the expanded windows now save! great!.....

BUT!....the webpages still appear behind win toolkit. Im now going todo a fresh n-lited xp as im just burning the dvd now with th

latest Onepiece xp update addon, and a few others i always use without any probs cept wl-essentials because i now have to

include an update and reboot before i can install windows live "just msn". shall report back later!

Well full install afresh, and still web pages open behind win toolkit, so also checking my end!

I see that its fixed agin in the next issue, maybe a rename to beta for us all to test and make reports!

Edited by Muffy

The column Size in updates downloader doesn't show the file size at version Win Toolkit v1.4.0.40. It shows just a number followed by B. i.e. 2B, 4B...

The real value seems to fit that column.

Congratulations for the great work.

Got the new Win Toolkit v1.4.0.41 today and the problem of web pages appearing behind Win Toolkit still persist!

Iv done a fresh install today, so nothing this end!

Maybe some other users can see if they have the same problem and report it, other than that ok!

Well, something odd here!

I have done a bios update, messed around with settings, various reboots. ran win toolkit and the web pages appeared in

front on win toolkit.. ood!......now it gets even odder... after shutting down win toolkit, comming back to it 2 mins later,

web pages appear behind win toolkit!.. am i goin nuts! (lots of head scratching)

So......Im not going mad then! :no:

Edited by Muffy

Say what you will about RT Se7en Lite, and I usually say as little as possible about it, but in the latest issue of MaximumPC (September 2012) in the advice column "Doctor" the question was asked "I need to reinstall Windows 7. Is there a way to get all the Windows Updates without reinstalling them one at a time?" The ONLY suggestion they made was to use RT Se7en Lite. -:Heavy Sigh:- For a program that hasn't been updated in years, it is certainly well known and well used.

Cheers and Regards

Done, WinToolkit now remembers form size beautifully, i like it!

Interesting (and goog!) is:

if I load a .INI the columns are not so wide as before (default?); if I add an object to the actual list the columns get wide as I had preset them before (but only in the actual list).

Edited by Thiersee

Having nothing to do on a Saturday evening I checked Wikipedia and noticed the Win Toolkit had nary a mention; see http://en.wikipedia....tering_software

I'm not familiar with updating Wikipedia but it sure is one avenue to tell the world about this fantastic program called Win Toolkit.

I've added it onto that list :)

Say what you will about RT Se7en Lite, and I usually say as little as possible about it, but in the latest issue of MaximumPC (September 2012) in the advice column "Doctor" the question was asked "I need to reinstall Windows 7. Is there a way to get all the Windows Updates without reinstalling them one at a time?" The ONLY suggestion they made was to use RT Se7en Lite. -:Heavy Sigh:- For a program that hasn't been updated in years, it is certainly well known and well used.

Cheers and Regards

Shame, can't be bothered to email the author and let them know :P

Interesting (and goog!) is:

if I load a .INI the columns are not so wide as before (default?); if I add an object to the actual list the columns get wide as I had preset them before (but only in the actual list).

I will have a look at this now.

The extra time display of tooltip when pause the cursor on button is all right but I find annoying the tootips that overlap one each other.

When move the cursor from one button to another and crossover multiple buttons in short time there are sometimes two, three or even four tooltips overlaping each other.

If you make the tooltip disapear as soon as the cursor leaves the button would be great.