Win Toolkit [The Little Things]

Legolash2o

1. I have more grammatical & spelling errors / typos for you. I'm only checking them in chunks at a time because it can get confusing to include everything in one post. Likely more to come :sweatingbullets:.

Win Toolkit is up-to-date

"... latest version, thanks for checking." --> "... version. Thanks ... "

Win Toolkit Options > Main tab > All-In-One Integrator > Show Preset Manager's tooltip

"Shows the preset manager when you open AIO Tool." --> "... the Preset Manager ..."

Win Toolkit Options > Main tab > Startup and Exit > Detect Antivirus' tooltip

"This will detect an antivirus on startup and warn the user it may ... " --> "... any antivirus on startup and warn you it may ... "

Win Toolkit Options > Main tab > WIM Images > Check Images' tooltip

"This options checks that files have been ..." --> "This option checks ..."

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > Win Toolkit > Priority's tooltip (The 'External Apps' and 'DISM' tooltips share the exact same tooltip, so this applies to all 3 drop-downs)

"Select what mode Win Toolkit process runs, this is ..." --> "... runs. This is ..."

"*Increasing the priority may speed up Win Toolkit but may ..." --> "... Toolkit, but may ..."

"*Lowering the priority may speed up Win Toolkit but may ..." --> "... Toolkit, but may ..."

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > Win Toolkit Temp Folder > Browse's toolip

"... to store temporary files, for example extracted files." --> "... files. For example, extracted files."

Donate Now > Wincert --> WinCert

"Donate to Wincert which hosts Win Toolkit, they need ..." --> "... WinCert, which hosts Win Toolkit. They need ..."

"Donate to Paypal" (the lower button) --> "Donate via PayPal" (to be consistent with the upper button)

2. After clicking either the 'Donate Now' or 'Win Toolkit Forum' buttons, their tooltips disappear. This may afect the other buttons as well. A workaround is to click on another button and then re-hover over the button to see it.

Edited by Legolash2o

Main > Basic

"All-In-One Integrator: Use this tool to integrate your updates, drivers, themepacks, ..." --> "... theme packs, ..."

"... first with WIM Manager, All-In-One Integrator will ..." --> "... Manager; All-In-One ..."

"Update Catalog: This contains updates which are included via Windows Update but it also contains hundreds more which are only ..." --> "This contains updates from Windows Update and hundreds more ..."

"Windows 7 SP1 ISO: Download a brand new Windows 7 disk with SP1 already integrated, this is legal ..." --> "... new Windows 7 disk image with SP1 already integrated. This is legal ..."

Main > Basic > Getting Started > All-In-One Integrator button's tooltip

"... next time you re-install your computer , this tool lets ..." --> "... computer. This ..."

"*Files - Copy and replace files into your WIM image, very useful ..." --> "... image; very ..."

"*Services - Set the default state for services including Black Vipers presets!" --> "... services, including Black Viper's presets!"

Main > Intermediate

"Unattended Creator: Make unattended installs, self-explanatory really." --> "... installs; self-explanatory ..."

"USB Prep Tool: Some users don't like to install from DVD so this tool prepares your USB stick so you can just simply copy-and-paste the Windows disk contents to it and then boot from your USB." (This run-on sentence is longer than it should be) --> "If you don't like installing from DVD, use this tool to make your USB drive bootable. You can simply copy-and-paste the Windows disk contents to the USB drive and then boot from it."

"WIM Manager: ... export images, etc.. think of it as ..." --> "... etc.. Think ..."

Main > Intermediate > USB Boot Prep button's tooltip

"Enables you to install Windows Vista/7/8 from a USB Stick, just make sure you have a big enough USB Stick!" (IMO stick should be replaced with drive as a more general word) --> "... USB drive. Just make sure you have a big enough USB drive!"

Main > Intermediate > WIM Manager button's tooltip

"... Windows Installation Image (*.wim)." --> " ... (*.wim file)."

Main > Advanced

"All-In-One Disk Creator: This is for when you want to create ISOs with both x64 and x86 images, you can ..." --> "... x86 images. You can ..."

"Component Removal: This tool lets you uninstall Windows packages and features such as Windows Media ..." --> "... features, such as ..."

"This feature has more options than the All-In-One Integrator 'Components' list because this tool scans the image whereas AIO ..." --> "... because it scans the image, whereas AIO ..."

"WIM Registry Editor: This is basically 'regedit.exe' but showing the registry in the mounted image." --> "... basically 'regedit.exe', but with the registry displayed within the mounted image."

Main > Advanced > All-In-One Disk Creator button's tooltip

"... DVD, you can for example merge ..." --> "... DVD. For example, you can merge ..."

Main > Advanced > Component Removal button's tooltip

"... a virtual machine first i.e. VirtualBox, VMWare, VirtualPC, etc..." --> "... first (i.e. VirtualBox, VMWare, VirtualPC, etc...)"

Tools > Language Pack Converter button's tooltip

"Convert language packs into *.cab so they ..." --> "... into *.cab files so ..." (I'm unsure whether it should be singular, plural or include both like file(s))

Tools > MSU > CAB Converter button's tooltip

"Converts your Windows Update (*.msu) files to *.cab which are smaller ..." --> "... *.cab. They are smaller ..." (I had to break up this awkwardly longish sentence).

Tools > Driver Installer button's tooltip

"Install drivers on your live system, this tools also lets you remove drivers too. which installs" --> "... live system. This tool also lets you remove drivers, which ..." (The word too is redundant because of the word also before it.)

Tools > Update Installer button's tooltip

"... for your currently installed OS, there is also an option ..." --> "... OS. There ..."

Tools > Capture Image button's tooltip

"... Image (*.wim), you can either make ..." --> "... (*.wim file). You can either ..."

Downloads > Misc > B/C++/F#/J# Redist button's tooltip

"... (with setup junk removed.) Also includes ..." --> "... removed). Also includes ..."

Downloads > Misc > Driver Packs button's tooltip

"These are torrents so a program like ..." --> "... torrents, so ..."

Downloads > Misc > Gadgets button's tooltip

"... Windows 7 image, this lets you ..." --> "... image. This ..."

Downloads > Misc > SFX button's tooltip

"... SXF files which are programs which have been made to install silent, these work ..." --> "... SXF files. These are programs which have been made to install silently. They work ..."

Downloads > Misc > Slim .NET 4 Installer button's tooltip

"... Framework 4 installer including updates ..." --> "... installer, including ..."

"The reason its called 'Slim' ..." --> "... reason it's called ..."

"... dumpydooby) this should save you ..." --> "... dumpydooby). This should save you ..."

Downloads > Misc > Theme Packs button's tooltip

"... so after Windows 7 install you ..." --> "... Windows 7 is installed you ..."

I think I covered all the external menu tooltips. I haven't checked what they look like after clicking each button..

Each time there is a new release, there are usually only a few new fixes to read. The previous record is left purely for historical reasons. That way if you miss a few releases for any reason, you can still get caught up if you like. It's all part of good programming practice to maintain a running change log. I'm sure many people never read any of them and just trust/hope that the latest release will fix whatever problem they were having. I also think that some people don't even notice that there might have been a problem with a previous release, but just update so they will have the latest. Typical situation with software of any kind really.

Cheers and Regards

Maybe but such a lengthy list!!!

The latest fixes yes, but its what the man wants, thats what he gets!

As for good programming., well.........................................................when it can make coffee then we can call it fine programming! :)

OK, Is it that obvious that im not a programer!.....sigh....

Does anyone actually read anything beyond a few fixes!

Probably not but some people will moan if i don't include it. I also find it very useful so i can see how Win Toolkit has progressed since i first started.

Just another "Little Thing":

If I want to change the Temp- and Mount-Path, I can't edit the surface with the current path: I have only a possibility with the "browse"-button to choose a path, that already exists.

I.e. I must create the path first, even if WinToolkit can create a path (OK, a default-path).

It would be nice to edit the path field.

Regards, Thiersee

Don't hate me for this long post :P. More grammatical & spelling errors :shifty:. This should cover most, if not all the errors I can spot.

First line is original text. Second line is my suggested correction.

Welcome

"It comes with a 30 day free trial, ..."

"It comes with a 30-day free trial, ..." (add missing hyphen)

"This doesn't cost and is completely free to download from official Microsoft sources."

"This is a completely free download from official Microsoft sources." (redundant phrase)

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > Win Toolkit > drop-down tooltip

"*Increasing the priorty may speed up Win Toolkit but may also slow down all other apps."

"*Increasing the priority may speed up Win Toolkit, but may also slow down all other apps." (typo and missing comma)

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > External Apps

"Any apps that Win Toolkit needs to use i.e. pkgmgr"

"Any apps that Win Toolkit needs to use (i.e. pkgmgr)" (missing brackets / parentheses)

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > External Apps > drop-down tooltip

"*Increasing the priorty may speed other processes started by Win Toolkit but may also slow down all other apps."

"*Increasing the priority may speed up other processes started by Win Toolkit, but may also slow down all other apps." (typo, missing word, missing comma)

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > DISM

"The processes that require DISM i.e. mount & unmount"

"The processes that require DISM (i.e. mount & unmount)" (missing brackets / parentheses)

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > DISM > drop-down tooltip

"*Increasing the priorty may speed up DISM but may also slow down all other apps."

"*Increasing the priority may speed up DISM, but may also slow down all other apps." (typo and missing comma)

"*Lowering the priority may slow down DISM but may speed up all other apps."

"*Lowering the priority may slow down DISM, but may speed up all other apps." (missing comma)

Win Toolkit Options > Misc tab > Win Toolkit Temp Folder > Browse button tooltip

"Select where you want Win Toolkit to store temporary files. For example extracted files."

"Select where you want Win Toolkit to store temporary files. For example, extracted files." (missing comma)

Main > Basic

"Update Catalogue: This contains updates from Windows Update and hundreds hundreds more which are only available from the Microsoft website."

"Update Catalogue: This contains updates from Windows Update and hundreds more which are only available from the Microsoft website." (duplicate word)

Main > Basic > All-In-One Integrator > Other Tools > Component Removal tooltip

"Load the Component Removal Tool"

"Load the Component Removal Tool." (Missing period. I know it's picky, but have to be consistent with the other tooltips :P)

Main > Basic > All-In-One Integrator > Other Tools > WIM Manager tooltip

"Load the WIM Manager"

"Load the WIM Manager." (missing period)

Main > Basic > All-In-One Integrator > Browse > Browse for specific WIM tooltip

"Manually browse for the *.wim file, this file is normally located within the extracted image (ISO) of the Windows 7 SPI disk."

"Manually browse for the *.wim file. This file is normally located within the extracted image (ISO) of the Windows 7 SPI disk." (change comma to period and capitalize letter T)

Main > Basic > All-In-One Integrator > Browse > Refresh tooltip

"Reload the current image, useful for if you've edited the image outside WinToolkit."

"Reload the current image. Useful if you've edited the image outside Win Toolkit." (change comma to period, capitalize letter U, correct Win Toolkit name with space to be consistent)

Main > Basic > ISO Maker > Options > Rebuild Image description

"This will shrink the size of the install.wim making the ISO smaller."

"This will shrink the size of the install.wim, making the ISO smaller." (missing comma)

Main > Intermediate

"Unattended Creator: Make unattended installs, self-explanatory really;"

"Unattended Creator: Make unattended installs; self-explanatory really." (switch comma to semicolon and semicomma to period)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > Unattended Creator > Import button tooltip

"Import a unattended file"

"Import an unattended file." (typo, missing period)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > Unattended Creator > Main > General > Computer Name

"Please enter a computer name, the following characters are NOT allowed:"

"Please enter a computer name. The following characters are NOT allowed:" (change comma to period, capitalize letter T)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > Unattended Creator > Main > OOBE > Time Zone drop-down

"(-08:00) Pacific Time (US && Canada)"

"(-07:00) Mountain Time (US && Canada)"

"(-06:00) Central Time (US && Canada)"

"(-05:00) Eastern Time (US && Canada)" (remove duplicate ampersands)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > Unattended Creator > Main > OOBE > Updates drop-down

"(2) Download but don't install"

"(2) Download, but don't install" (missing comma)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > Unattended Creator > Main > Misc > Profile Directory tooltip

"This will change the directory where the profiles will go i.e. C:\Users\*"

"This will change the directory where the profiles will go (e.g. C:\Users\*)" (change "in essence" to "example", add brackets / parentheses)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > Unattended Creator > Users

New User button tooltip: "Create your unattended xml file!" (Wrong tooltip! This tooltip is borrowed from the Save button at the bottom.)

Delete User button tooltip: "Import a unattended file"

Delete User button tooltip: "Import an unattended file." (Typo and missing period, but this doesn't matter because it's also the wrong tooltip from the Import button at the bottom!)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > Unattended Creator > Serial Keys

"NOTE: These keys are provided by Microsoft, they are only used to make the installation unattended as they keep the 30 day trial after installation."

"NOTE: These keys are provided by Microsoft. They are only used to make the installation unattended as they keep the 30-day trial after installation." (change comma to period, capitalize letter T, hyphenate "30-day")

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Other Tools > All-In-One Integrator tooltip

"Load the All-In-One Integrator"

"Load the All-In-One Integrator." (missing period)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Other Tools > Component Removal tooltip

"Load the Component Removal Tool." (missing period)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Browse > Browse for specific WIM tooltip

"Manually browse for the *.wim file, this file is normally located within the extracted image (ISO) of the WIndows 7 SPI disk."

"Manually browse for the *.wim file. This file is normally located within the extracted image (ISO) of the WIndows 7 SPI disk." (change comma to period and capitalize letter T)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Browse > Refresh tooltip

"Reload the current image, useful for if you've edited the image outside WinToolkit."

"Reload the current image. Useful if you've edited the image outside Win Toolkit." (change comma to period, capitalize letter U, correct Win Toolkit name with space to be consistent)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Delete Image tooltip

"Delete the selected image"

"Delete the selected image." (missing period)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Import Image tooltip

"Add a new image to the selected WIM file"

"Add a new image to the selected WIM file." (missing period)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Merge Image tooltip

"Merge two WIM files together"

"Merge two WIM files together." (missing period)

Main > Intermediate > Intermediate Tools > WIM Manager > Mount Image tooltip

"Mount the selected image"

"Mount the selected image." (missing period)

Main > Advanced

Component Removal: "... This feature has more options than the All-In-One Integrator 'Components' list because it scans the image whereas AIO just displays common ones."

Component Removal: "... This feature has more options than the All-In-One Integrator 'Components' list because it scans the image, whereas AIO just displays common ones." (missing comma)

Main > Advanced > Component Removal > Other Tools > All-In-One Integrator tooltip

Main > Advanced > Component Removal > Other Tools > WIM Manager tooltip

"Load the WIM Manager"

Main > Advanced > Component Removal > Browse > Browse for specific WIM tooltip

"Manually browse for the *.wim file, this file is normally located within the extracted image (ISO) of the Windows 7 SPI disk."

"Manually browse for the *.wim file. This file is normally located within the extracted image (ISO) of the Windows 7 SPI disk." (change comma to period and capitalize letter T)

Main > Advanced > Component Removal > Browse > Refresh tooltip

Main > Advanced > WIM Registry Editor > Other Tools > All-In-One Integrator tooltip

Main > Advanced > WIM Registry Editor > Other Tools > Component Removal tooltip

"Load the Component Removal Tool." (missing period)

Main > Advanced > WIM Registry Editor > Other Tools > WIM Manager tooltip

"Load the WIM Manager"

Main > Advanced > WIM Registry Editor > Browse > Browse for specific WIM tooltip

Main > Advanced > WIM Registry Editor > Browse > Refresh tooltip

Downloads > Slim .NET 4 Installer tooltip

"This should save you 200+ MB of space on your HDD"

"This should save you 200+ MB of space on your HDD." (missing period)

Suggestion: bold the names of each setting/option/tool/feature under the Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced descriptions (see screen shot) so they stand out:

Basic - "All-In-One Integrator:", "ISO Maker:", "Win Tookit Guides:", "Update Catalog:", "Windows 7 SP1 ISO:"

Intermediate - "Unattended Creator:", "USB Prep Tool:", "WIM Manager:"

Advanced - "All-In-One Disk Creator:", "Component Removal:", "WIM Registry Editor:"

post-25827-0-85030800-1343999686_thumb.p

Edited by Legolash2o