ADF.LY Adverts

Legolash2o

Just thought i'd let you know that when you open a link within WinToolkit such as in the 'Downloads' tab, it will take you to an advert for about 5 seconds and then you will go to the link requested. This is so i can get a few dollars a month (barely anything but better than nothing).

I hope you guys don't mind however that is my limit, what i mean is.... I will NEVER have adverts within WinToolkit as that will annoy everyone included myself. So yeah, i hope you guys don't mind having to view a 5 second advert before seeing your link open.

Also WinToolkit will forever remain FREE.

EDIT: It's only on buttons which opens an external site so it's not intrusive. Feedback about this is more than welcome, just reply to this topic :)

It ok, i just use expletives when adfly comes up as meny site i go on use it!

But it puts a few bucks in ya pocket...what can i say.............pimp ones self, become a Gigalo, hitman...err i :dancing: mean hitboy..

• 2 weeks later...

Its really nice that you actually care how we feel about it personally i hate them and i usually skip them if i can but on your links i wait and click the button cause i kno it helps you get some paper (or rather coins) lol and i respect you for coding this amazing app and letting us all use it for free and also listening to our suggestions and constantly updating and adding new features, the list goes on lol so yeah u keep going with the adf.ly links for as long as you want mate after all u owe us nothing we kinda owe you for your skills a few seconds wait aint hurting nobody. :thumbsup:

Edited by upgrade

I earned $11 in the last 14 days, i prob won't even spend the money and it'll just sit in my paypal account for me to donate (most likely to wincert). ADF.LY gives me useful statistics such as what links are clicked. For example, a lot more people download the Windows 7 SP1 Disk than i thought. Driverpacks and Addons are popular too.

I'm not really in this for a financial gain but no-one is going to turn down free money.

LOL took me 3 months to get $15

Yeah there was a couple of days last week where i got $1 three days in a row. But yeah i also barely get any donations.

No problem. As long as this does not open popups Avira-style whenever it feels like it, I'm fine with some ads.

Nah pop ups will :censored: me off as much as you guys so that won't happen. You only see adfly when you click a button which already takes you to an external link.

To help users report bugs, v51 will have a 'Report Bug' button BUT it won't go via adf.ly

Its really nice that you actually care how we feel about it

Yeah i'm not the biggest fan of adverts, i ask because i don't get affected by it. When i run WinToolkit.exe in Visual Studio it adds a switch/syntax (i.e. WinToolkit.exe /? /skiposcheck /skipupdate /skipsettings) and it disables adf.ly and opens the link directly. Saves time when testing.