Choosing the right WIM for A-I-O Integrator

someone_else

I just finished downloading the Win 7 Ultimate x86 iso, I extracted it in a folder and began working on it with the first step of AIO integrator (which is the WIM manager).

Now it shows me a list of images, each is one of the various Win flavours. (STARTER, HOMEBASIC, HOMEPREMIUM, PRO, ULTIMATE), and each has a "stated" size of a round 8 GB (which sounds a bit weird since everything combined in that folder is less than 3 Gb).

Let's say I want to make a ISO that can install each one of these flavors. I click on "remove ei.cfg", and that allows me to do that. Good.

Now let's say I want to make an ISO that also contains addons, patches and drivers I downloaded. I remove ei.cfg,

And then what WIM do I choose to get what I want? All? Only the ultimate?

Does the same apply for unattended files? (i.e. if I want to have all flavors run unattended do I need to make enough unattended files for every flavor?)

Open Win Toolkit > 'Main' tab > 'Basic' tab > All-In-One Integrator > select your WIM > Select all of the images and press select or press select > Select All > Add updates, etc..

Win Toolkit will then cycle through all of the image, making the changes you requested.

Open Win Toolkit > 'Main' tab > 'Basic' tab > All-In-One Integrator > select your WIM > Select all of the images and press select or press select > Select All > Add updates, etc..

Win Toolkit will then cycle through all of the image, making the changes you requested.

When I updated my Win7 Utimate SP1 with SoLor's 300+ updates, along with other items, it took over 4 hours for each (32 and 64 bit). I'm assuming if this was done for each of the versions of Windows (Home, Basic, etc) listed by the poster, can I assume it would take him a similar time for each of his versions of Windows, resulting in a possible elapsed time of around 20 hours per version (32 or 64 bit) to complete everything? I'm asking because I've thought of possibly doing that and I'm pretty sure their are many more thinking of doing the same thing.

When I updated my Win7 Utimate SP1 with SoLor's 300+ updates, along with other items, it took over 4 hours for each (32 and 64 bit). I'm assuming if this was done for each of the versions of Windows (Home, Basic, etc) listed by the poster, can I assume it would take him a similar time for each of his versions of Windows, resulting in a possible elapsed time of around 20 hours per version (32 or 64 bit) to complete everything? I'm asking because I've thought of possibly doing that and I'm pretty sure their are many more thinking of doing the same thing.

this poster confirms that the times add up as assumed.

Given my crappy hardware (Pentium D, 1 gig of ram) it takes a completely ridicolous amount of time to cycle through all the WIMs doing its job.

takes me almost 2 hours to do say: windows 7 ultimate x64 sp1 fully updated with mcrips updates and various addons!

I do have a really fast pc and a hi spec gfx card, not overclocked either! i could prob do it faster if i plug my sata

3 drives into sata 3 ports, in raid formation for faster performance. but im not into raid unless i have a balaclava

and a ak47! :grin:

Edited by Muffy

Mine takes about an hour and half so it depends on your system spec and if your antivirus is turned off. I only integrate into the images i use the most so never into Home Basic, the only time i integrate updates into Home basic is if i'm about to install Windows on a computer which only has that license.

this poster confirms that the times add up as assumed.

Given my crappy hardware (Pentium D, 1 gig of ram) it takes a completely ridicolous amount of time to cycle through all the WIMs doing its job.

Again, don't do all images, just the ones you actively use. It's a shame there isn't an ISO available with all updates integrated in them already. I would host it but i don't have the space or bandwidth but most importantly i don't think that legal.

takes me almost 2 hours to do say: windows 7 ultimate x64 sp1 fully updated with mcrips updates and various addons!

I do have a really fast pc and a hi spec gfx card, not overclocked either! i could prob do it faster if i plug my sata

3 drives into sata 3 ports, in raid formation for faster performance. but im not into raid unless i have a balaclava

and a ak47! :grin:

Yeah, it does help having a fast computer.