Windows 7 x86 x64 + Updates & Addons

mikdik

What is the best way to make a windows 7 x86 and x64 & Updates & Addons on one dvd.

Is it feasable given combining both x86 & x64 addons, or is it best to have say!:

Dvd Containing Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional x86 updated and addons

and

Dvd Containing Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional x64 updated and addons

any help/advice woulg be greatly apreciated.

Cheers for the info, ill just do one of each. i Do Install from usb stick i do it 99% of the time, and i do have an up to date system, being an avid gamer on an I5 2500k system! i choose my own components. Also on the subject of mixed operating systems, im only into windows 7 Pro and Ultimate x86 and x64, none of the other editions!

I still use XP Pro Corp for all me netting general usage as it just dosnt hold back and lock up like win 7!

I do use a win 7 partition for games that require win 7!

My next step for me personally is to make a completely cut down win 7 as there is a heap of crud that most of us just dont use!

I have just downloaded a few x64 ones and yet to test, iv had them before with no probs!

Cheers fellas

Edited by Muffy

What is the best way to make a windows 7 x86 and x64 & Updates & Addons on one dvd.

Is it feasable given combining both x86 & x64 addons, or is it best to have say!:

Dvd Containing Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional x86 updated and addons

and

Dvd Containing Windows 7 Ultimate/Professional x64 updated and addons

any help/advice woulg be greatly apreciated.

Cheers for the info, ill just do one of each. i Do Install from usb stick i do it 99% of the time, and i do have an up to date system, being an avid gamer on an I5 2500k system! i choose my own components. Also on the subject of mixed operating systems, im only into windows 7 Pro and Ultimate x86 and x64, none of the other editions!

I still use XP Pro Corp for all me netting general usage as it just dosnt hold back and lock up like win 7!

I do use a win 7 partition for games that require win 7!

My next step for me personally is to make a completely cut down win 7 as there is a heap of crud that most of us just dont use!

I have just downloaded a few x64 ones and yet to test, iv had them before with no probs!

Cheers fellas

I don't really use addons, i just select all x86 images and add updates then select all x64 and add updates, job done. I do use an x86/x64 AIO disk which i made using AIO Creator.

Again i combine both x86 and x64 dvds so they can fit onto one disk.

About making your own 'cut down' version of Windows 7, i can't really answer that as everyone has their own different needs. The only advice i can and will give it that if you know what something is (in the removal list) and you know 100% you don't need it, then tick it for removal. If you don't know or not sure of what something in the list is then keep it.

But if you just want an AIO dvd then read here:

Performance-wise you aren't going to get a lot imho, but you can easily shave off a quite a few gigs from the installed stuff in your HDD. But really, unless you are on a SSD it's rarely worth the risk. I mean even 20 GB worth of stuff is nothing for the average modern HDD or SSD.

Besides, if the only thing you want to do is improve performance while allowing yourself to revert back if needed, just disable them. don't hack the ISO

Edited by someone_else

Yeah cheers for the info, i regually view other peoples .lastsessions infos who have done these cut down versions just to give me

ideas of what i can and cannot remove. this would only be for me as my gaming os!

My Idea of x64 x86 combind is really to have all reapers updates, netframework, runtimes, java,!

so basically its all windows based updates, but on the subject of updates, they can be a little confusing, as i have 2 versions of

netframe work 4, ie: reapers x64 one at over 200 megs and the aio version at about 49 megs!

Edited by Muffy

Disabling stuff as you mentioned sound more reasonable and more secure for win7, but some stuff ill just remove like drivers, speech ect. I know my way around nlite, no probs nut still a newby to the win seven modifying stuff, i have

used rt7 lite ect but, i do find win toolkit much more easier to understand and use!

One curious point id like to ask is as im 99% a xp user (win7 partition for some win 7 only games) is , is there an

advantage to using win 7 with win toolkit for adding updates ect, being win 7!

Edited by Muffy