Win Toolkit [New Design]

Legolash2o

This is starting to look sexy, the downloads section look great, almost "mac" like.

Overall there is more of a pin sharp look, i still think more can be done to the welcome screen, may be more of a space

between the icons and txt!

What about loosing the icons and have the " getting started, windows 7 SP1 ISO, " discriptions centralised!

Edited by Muffy

wintoolkit0.png

wintoolkit1.png

wintoolkit2.png

wintoolkit3.png

Make the boxes wider to fill the space on right so making tthe edges even, the text could wrap wide not pushing the last word from the sentence to the next line.

Make them to split where you want in some cases to look nice. (made some hints)

Also you could bold the titles.

With Tool Manager Aero enabled clicking on some zones of the window sends it background. Those ugly lines and two shades on buttons are still visible.

The WIM Registry Editor button text don't fit on it

With Tool Manager Aero enabled clicking on some zones of the window sends it background. Those ugly lines and two shades on buttons are still visible.

test 12 fixes the Aero problem, even the horizontal lines on the top buttons that's been there for a long time :prop:

The bug with losing focus / send WT to the background remains.

It's ok now. Although there's a thinner line with the same unwanted effect for the top tabs (Welcome, Main, Tools,Downloads or About tabs, and Main, Intermediate and Advanced sub-tabs, but only when they're not opened), I like that the current opened tabs doesn't have it, the same as the buttons. So having that line for the not opened tabs makes them stick out a little, actually a very ''wantable'' feature I think for a person that comes for the first time in contact with Win Toolkit.

So my vote it's for the current look in test 12. I don't know if you've left them knowing it, but those lines for the un-opened tabs is just ok. Probably without them the interface would be more dull / too simplistic / too clean for my taste. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga

Although there's a thinner line with the same unwanted effect for the top tabs (Welcome, Main, Tools,Downloads or About tabs, and Main, Intermediate and Advanced sub-tabs, but only when they're not opened), I like that the current opened tabs doesn't have it, the same as the buttons. So having that line for the not opened tabs makes them stick out a little, actually a very ''wantable'' feature I think for a person that comes for the first time in contact with Win Toolkit.

This one is strange. I also see this, but after a couple of minutes with WT opened, it seemed to disappear on its own. And after some more activity the lines return (probably invoked by opening other apps) :g:

post-25827-0-98857800-1344190756_thumb.p

post-25827-0-45333100-1344190763_thumb.p

Just tested the v12 download and have noticed (unless im goin mad!) that theres a gap on the welcome screen between icons and text!

Looks better. The update catalogue is in 2 places, main and downloads along with windows 7 SP1, cept the SP1 is missing in Downlads.

What about an option (if fesable) to automatically add NEW updates in to win 7 files on the harddrive as they are downloaded!

mouse scrolly dont work in the tools folder even when clicking in the empty space!

Test 13 14: http://wincert.net/leli55PK/Testing/

This is getting close to the final now, i've added the ability to use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down all lists.

1.Just tested the v12 download and have noticed (unless im goin mad!) that theres a gap on the welcome screen between icons and text!

2. Looks better. The update catalogue is in 2 places, main and downloads along with windows 7 SP1, cept the SP1 is missing in Downlads.

3. What about an option (if fesable) to automatically add NEW updates in to win 7 files on the harddrive as they are downloaded!

4. mouse scroll dont work in the tools folder even when clicking in the empty space!

1. Yeah there is a gap.

2. Update catalog is supposed to be in 2 places :) and the 'Windows ISOs' link also gives an option for Windows 8 RC.

3. That's a request and it's completely separate to this thread in every way.

4. As above, i've added the ability to scroll with the mouse wheel on all lists.

scrolly work in tools window now. one other thing, maybe when you put the mouse pointer over an icon can it be made to

show more colouring so that those with dodgy eyesites can see better. Eyes ok, but need xray specs for reading!

I gathered on the win 8 bit.

Oh yeah, maybe after a few days of concentrating on win toolkt, go have some fun for a few days!

Good Luck. :beerchug:

Edited by Muffy

Hey you are 99% bang on the mark, thanks for at lest listing and replying to someone whos been a member for a few

years, but never really said anything!

Its looks bang on perfect and the icons colour change is much more noticable, but maybe a tad more less white will be

better when highlighted, mess around with some colours maybe a cream colour!

i cant say on the testing side as i dont do what others do so that shall be left to those in the know!

I cant find my windows paint program as i was goning to show a nice shade of off white/cream, its not in my nlite

lastsession,ini for removal..odd...

Anyways thought id see a search for a free windows paint like proggy. check this out

http://www.techsupportalert.com/ look at the colouring of these icons!

I hope to see comments on this as well!

Edited by Muffy

This one is strange. I also see this, but after a couple of minutes with WT opened, it seemed to disappear on its own. And after some more activity the lines return (probably invoked by opening other apps) :g:

I can now reproduce the horizontal lines on the top menu buttons' appearance and disappearance. If there's another application underneath Win Toolkit, they immediately disappear (which is what we want). If Windows 7's desktop wallpaper is the only thing behind Win Toolkit, then the lines appear. More specifically, even if the other application's transparent aero border portion is directly behind WT's buttons, the lines appear. Simply dragging WT away slightly can remove the lines.

post-23920-0-92317700-1344254639_thumb.p

Two buttons a little bit off to the left on Tools tab.

Bold the titles in Downloads tab too. (Main, Web Browsers, Misc)

Icons on Welcome screen could be bigger like 2x the size of now.

Windows 7 SP1 ISO's icon from Welcome and Main\Basic tab button should be the same for less confusing. I can understand that icon from Downloads tab can be other since it points to both Windows 7 and 8.

I come back again on some buttons text.

- Check for Updates seems to have more space between icon and text than others from the left side buttons that are all aligned to left.

- The buttons on left are nice aligned to left but the others from tabs seems are random aligned left or center. Now that you grouped the icons with the text just make them center. The most visible off center are on Main\Basic tab and Tools tab.

Pity you need to get rid of Aero. :sad01_anim: