[Solved] stop 0x67 config_initialization_failed BSOD

berkieboy

Hello,

I am pretty new to this great piece of software. I am using 1.4.0.50 version, don't integrate any addons via AIO integrator, but I also get a BSOD with stop 0x67 config_initialization_failed (with Windows 7 SP1 x64).

You are talking about a registry key CurrentControlSet that should been modified to resolve the problem and version v97 (which program do you mean with the latter v97?). I also used post_mod.reg from user EB1000 and imported that in the tweaks section of AIO Integrator...but still got 0x67.

Sorry i am a newbie...but can you help me to resolve this problem (exact steps)?

Thank you very much!

Edited by berkieboy

I'll try to investigate this one for myself a little longer, since I did many things in one run - integrate updates, tweaks, addons, silent installers etc, and since I have the time, and I'm trying to help you by identifying the exact thing that generates this error... if I can. So I'll be back later on this one.

However, sorry for not opening a new thread, but it seems that build 51 final doesn't generate Vista Api.dll, and from probably many errors generated by this one I got the ISO Maker not working. Uploaded the report directly from the app. Previous test versions were fine, and I see build 52 test 1 is ok.

I fixed that error about 20 mins ago, will upload after I get home from te gym.

I received a LOT of error logs with that vista api error.

Also that error should never appear again from v52 onwards. If vista api is not detected it wi fall back to the old crappy folder browser dialog.

However there is the test version I uploaded before I went to the gym, so give that a go :)

About the 0x00000067 BSOD, I can confirm it has nothing to do with tweaks or addons or silent installers, but with integrating updates. So, it can be two posibilities: either something is wrong with win toolkit, either something is wrong with one or two of the updates.

Currently I'm suspecting KB2685811 and KB2685813, since they're the only ones that are new additions and also can generate a driver / device related BSOD, as those two updates install the wdf from windows 8.

I fixed that error about 20 mins ago, will upload after I get home from te gym.

I received a LOT of error logs with that vista api error.

Also that error should never appear again from v52 onwards. If vista api is not detected it wi fall back to the old crappy folder browser dialog.

However there is the test version I uploaded before I went to the gym, so give that a go :)

I saw that you updated Wintoolkit to v51 at 6:53 PM. Does this fix the 0x67 BSOD problem? Can I already download a v52 version?

Currently I'm suspecting KB2685811 and KB2685813, since they're the only ones that are new additions and also can generate a driver / device related BSOD, as those two updates install the wdf from windows 8.

I am using Windows 7 SP1 x64 mounted in Windows 7 Toolkit. You?

v51 and v52 will not solve this issue, RicaNeaga and I believe it is a new update which is causing the issue.

EDIT: It seems you didn't add any updates in your last session. You did remove a bunch of components and tweak a bunch of services.

Have you integrated any updates into your image?

Count me in the club that's seeing the CONFIG_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Stop 0x67 error.

I had a successful build last on July 16, so I fall back to that for clean installs.

No build since then has been anything but this BSOD on 1st reboot.

"Help me, Legolash2o. You're my only hope!"

---------

BTW - I'm not seeing the Setup wallpaper I specified, either. All the BSOD error 67 builds have had NO SETUP WALLPAPER.

I do have the Vista Api.dll file in my W7T folder, timestamped with this latest crashing build.

Using v52 (always use your latest!). Thanks for your direction and analysis.

I will say this: in all the years of using Windows build tools, this is the very first time I've EVER seen this particular BSOD.

-----------

This is interesting.

I reverted back to your executable dated 7-15-2012, used the .INI file created by v.52 with everything else beingthe same, and NO BSOD.

The logon wallpaper works as does the default desktop wallpaper, but no setup wallpaper (black background).

That's all for tonight. The morning comes early here on the east coast. Will hit this hard again tomorrow.

Good luck in finding the culprit!

Mark Strelecki, Atlanta, GA. USA

Another weird bug this one. The fault isn't in the updates installing either. It looks like if I only install updates OR integrate addons, silent installers, tweaks etc everything is ok, but if I do all in one run then BSOD. It makes no sense.

However, my last attempt is a certain tweak you added in your latest builds. If this one is not to blame then I'm going to upload the last session preset.

@Mark Strelecki If you say your last working preset is ok with build 52, then maybe something you added later (a tweak or smth is to blame). Or maybe I haven't understood you, but if you have a working preset, and another one tha generates the BSOD, than maybe it would be a good idea to upload them both. :)

Another weird bug this one. The fault isn't in the updates installing either. It looks like if I only install updates OR integrate addons, silent installers, tweaks etc everything is ok, but if I do all in one run then BSOD. It makes no sense.

However, my last attempt is a certain tweak you added in your latest builds. If this one is not to blame then I'm going to upload the last session preset.

@Mark Strelecki If you say your last working preset is ok with build 52, then maybe something you added later (a tweak or smth is to blame). Or maybe I haven't understood you, but if you have a working preset, and another one tha generates the BSOD, than maybe it would be a good idea to upload them both. :)

Which tweak?

EDIT: I did make some changes to the 'Adjust Visual Styles' tweak as well, did any of you guys select that?