[RunOnceEx] Team Viewer 8.0.17396

Geej

Ggg2t.png

(Non-Commercial Freeware)

TeamViewer is the All-In-One Solution for Remote Access and Support over the Internet.

TeamViewer connects to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. You can remote control your partner's PC as if you were sitting right in front of it.

Features:

control computers remotely via the internet,

record your session and covert it to AVI,

online meetings,

Drag & Drop files,

Multi-Monitor support.

Addon tested on XP 32-bit VM only

Default installation will delete desktop shortcut (via -ai switch).

If you wish to keep desktop shortcut, pls run with -ai6 switch.

GaJtk.png

ROE_TeamViewer8Free8017396_addon.cab

Size: 5.98 Mb (6,269,754 bytes)

MD5: 24E26027809055600755A44E4618392C

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the noob question, but what's RunOnceEx? And can this addon be added to nLite? I tried this with nLite and it seemed to install, but after T13, and after XP installed, there was a message saying it couldn't find "TeamViewerFree8016642Si" althought I remember seeing it inside the SVCPACK folder where it looked for it. All other addons I used installed fine, except for this one.

Edited by newuser121

RunOnceEx refers to install thru registry key "Runonceex'. Full registry path is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

This install stage take place after GUI setup reboots but before user desktop is loaded the 1st time.

Yes, this addon can be added to nLite.
If you get a message saying it couldn't find "TeamViewerFree8016642Si", what is that stage of installation? (e.g during svcpack or ROE)

Can you confirm in 'Add or Remove Programs' whether you have 'TeamViewer 8'?
Also confirm if you have "C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version8" folder.

If it is not install by nite, you can manually install as follow via runonceex:
1) uncab the package, move folder to C:\ROE_TeamViewer8Free8016642_addon\svcpack\TeamViewerFree8016642Si.exe

2) Run on commandline TeamViewerFree8016642Si.exe -ai1
3) Check registry entry first to confirm ROE entry for TeamViewer(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx)

4) Reboot
5) Installation will take place before it load your desktop.

Thanks for that explanation! It was a mistake on my part. The addon works fine in an unnattended setup ran as a virtual machine in VMware, however, when I port the setup to a USB drive using WinSetupFromUSB, the files are re-arranged, and the error not finding "TeamViewerFree8016642Si.exe" occurs AFTER the XP Gui finishes and right before the desktop loads, and the addon never installs. However, all the other addons (SVCPACK with entries.ini) install fine.

I though about editing the .ini file and change: "I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram", but that wouldn't make sense, since all the other addons .ini files are set up like that as well.

This is not a big deal, but I thought maybe you'd like the report.

Edited by newuser121