Option to Select ISO image

upgrade

The option to select your Windows ISO when using AIO Integrator or anything else that can select WIM or Extracted DVD, how about another option to browse For ISO then the program can ask for a location to extract the ISO then does it on its own without the use of other ISO software so then you need nothing but Win Toolkit to edit your Windows disks!

The option to select your Windows ISO when using AIO Integrator or anything else that can select WIM or Extracted DVD, how about another option to browse For ISO then the program can ask for a location to extract the ISO then does it on its own without the use of other ISO software so then you need nothing but Win Toolkit to edit your Windows disks!

I was thinking about this option, as its in "RT Lite i think!, it does save some hasle, but i use powerdesk 6 anyway!

Also, what would be nice is to be able to "Right Click" within any of the basic functions to ADD addons/updates, and the same thing

sellecting a ".wim" .

I don't see why a user can't right click on an iso and extract it themselves or manually copy and paste. It only takes a few seconds.

Of course we can i just think it would be nice to be able to do everything just from win toolkit from start to finnish without the use of other software, nlite, vlite and rt 7 lite all have this option and it was pretty nice just using the app itself for everything it felt really smooth.

Edited by upgrade

• 2 months later...

I'm still thinking about it. If I allow Win Toolkit to extract ISO files then it is more things that can go wrong. It's relatively easy to implement but just seems pointless if a user can spend an extra 5 or so seconds extracting an iso using 7zip/WinRAR.

If i did have Win Toolkit extract ISO files, there wouldn't be a progress bar either. It'll just say "Extracting : [FilePath]..."

i get what ur sayin but i format my pc every month or 2 so sometimes if i decide to make a new windows disk i havent got for example ultraiso installed (i dont integrate software like this as i dont want the dvd to be too big) then i have to install and it takes longer to start making the iso, ok yeah thats not a big issue but its just irritating i just think it would be nice to press a button if needed instead of having to use some external software especially after a fresh format but its up to you its your software like i say its not a problem just an annoyance for me. I would definatly use it if it was there though.

Edited by upgrade

no progress bar is fine as long as it has some form of progress for example what you suggested about it saying Extracting, maby u could put a percentage beside it if possible ? and when its done its says Finished or Done.

otherwise it will just look like its lagging or crashed.

UPDATE: The SevenZipSharp code i use to extract files doesn't want to work with ISO files. So even if i wanted to add this feature, i couldn't.

so u cant do it full stop ? is there no other way ? can it not be done by Drive as ianymaty suggested?

Edited by upgrade

I agree this feature would be nice, when I first got the app I spent 30 minutes wondering how to select an iso file, it wasnt immediatly obvious to me I am supposed to manually extract it.

To be a bit more clear.

The app is loaded.

At this point I expected either a option to select an iso file, but is just the button to download an iso, although I already have iso's.

Failing that when I went to the options I expected the ability to select the iso files i had extracted, but this option is actually set when accessing the all in one integrator. Now I know how to do it is fine, but it is confusing to a new user, and its possible someone may not have winrar on their system so the tool been able to extract I feel would be great.

Mawwawawawawawawawawawahahahahha

After some maniacal testing and a ton of downloads I have the solution...

Here is the first and smallest set of 7z files that I could get to extract an iso.

Commandline used

7z.exe x Neptune.iso <-- Will extract to the iso dir. There are switches for dest and all that crap too

The size of the files compressed is only 213 kb

I have included the help file...

7z Files.7z