[Solved] System cannot find the specified file (AIO Updates)

mikdik

any reason why i get this, which poped up several times!

the system cannot find the specified file

pkgmgr.exe /morestart /ip /o: "C:\wintookit\mount\windows" /m:"C:\wintoolkit\cIinst_1\update-bf.mum* /quiet

only doing a win 64 with updates only!

Edited by Muffy

It seems the culprit is: /morestart and quote missing

any reason why i get this, which poped up several times!

the system cannot find the specified file

pkgmgr.exe /morestart /ip /o: "C:\wintookit\mount\windows" /m:"C:\wintoolkit\cIinst_1\update-bf.mum* /quiet

http://technet.micro...5(v=ws.10).aspx

Edited by myselfidem

All-In-One Integrator, Update Installer, which tool?

I'm guessing you manually typed that in instead of copy and paste because " /morestart" string does not exist anywhere within the code. I also can't find the area with the star instead of quote.

I seem to have cured the problem by taking the tick off the LDR/QFE box! and starting afresh!

Interesting. I'm not sure how that fixes a misspelling (/morestart vs /norestart) and a missing quote, but whatever works!

Cheers and Regards

All-In-One Integrator, Update Installer, which tool?

I'm guessing you manually type that in instead of copy and paste because " /morestart" string does not exist anywhere within the code. I also can't find the area with the star instead of quote.

I was using All-In-One Integrator and actually integrating! it poped several times,

deleted all crap, rebooted, extracted win 64 again and started without LDR/QFE ticked!

got through what seemed like 120000 updates had about 30 left, and pc buzzed and keeled over and booted!

i wont ADD the swear words and curses here! just use you're imagination!

Interesting. I'm not sure how that fixes a misspelling (/morestart vs /norestart) and a missing quote, but whatever works!

Cheers and Regards

yeah as much as im sitting in front of a 51" plasma 3d, sometimes i dont see smaller tx properly, but it idid definately look like an "m"

pkgmgr.exe /norestart /ip /o:"C:\WinToolkit\Mount;C:\WinToolkit\Mount\Windows"  /m:"C:\WinToolkit\cInst_1\update-bf.mum" /quiet

And before it runs that, it will check if the update-bf.mum exists. I've changed some code which cleans up directories better, that is the only thing i can think of which could cause the problem.

I think Muffy manually typed it in.

yes i did it manualy :noexpression:

I am doin a fresh integration at the mo,im at 46 of 410 updates, and usin 2 individual drives to do it as its less strain

and is faster!

so will check after!................... Roll on SP2!

Edited by Muffy

pkgmgr.exe /norestart /ip /o:"C:\WinToolkit\Mount;C:\WinToolkit\Mount\Windows" /m:"C:\WinToolkit\cInst_1\update-bf.mum" /quiet

And before it runs that, it will check if the update-bf.mum exists. I've changed some code which cleans up directories better, that is the only thing i can think of which could cause the problem.

Just tried AGAIN to intrgrate in LDR-QFE mode and still got the problem above!

i even freshly booted, disabled avast, new exracted win 64! anyone else get the problem!!!

This is a Sp1u win 7 as well!!!

yes i did it manualy :noexpression:

I am doin a fresh integration at the mo,im at 46 of 410 updates, and usin 2 individual drives to do it as its less strain

and is faster!

so will check after!................... Roll on SP2!

That is long time to wait for sp2, just think if they released it shortly, sp2 update and windows sp2 itself, for the thousands of people

like us life will be so much easier, not to mention, what would life be like for win toolkit and No updates!

I seriously can't reproduce this error, i'll need your last session, screenshot of the error and also a screenshot of the folder C:\WinToolkit\cInst_1\

Yeah sorry, wipped files, switched off pc for a few hours, and had another mess around only this time moving stuff, tweeks, a few silent addons,

took 6 hours and ended up nearly 4.8 gig!! gona test it on my other pc!

If the error occurs again you can try to download the iso file a new time. Perhaps the one you utilize is corrupt.

http://www.wincert.n...p1-refresh-iso/

HTH

The iso image is fine, its now 09.42 and i have just finished a win x64 ultimate will all mcrip updates, no tweaks but i did

have a few silent installs, and a few non silent, namely:

java aio net framework slim full adobe reader flash aio winrar all these are silent

Windows Live Essentials Classic Shell asked!

its taken just under 4 hours and not a single error! i have yset to make iso, burn to usb key and test!

The problem i have seems to be only when i select LDR-QFE mode!

i have tried this many times, the same result, unless i remove the LDR-QFE tick!

Edited by Muffy

The iso image is fine, its now 09.42 and i have just finished a win x64 ultimate will all mcrip updates, no tweaks but i did

have a few silent installs, and a few non silent, namely:

java aio net framework slim full adobe reader flash aio winrar all these are silent

Windows Live Essentials Classic Shell asked!

its taken just under 4 hours and not a single error! i have yset to make iso, burn to usb key and test!

The problem i have seems to be only when i select LDR-QFE mode!

i have tried this many times, the same result, unless i remove the LDR-QFE tick!

agree on it... unless i remove the LDR-QFE tick! it works

I need:

• Last session
  • Screenshot of the error
  • Screenshot of the folder 'C:\WinToolkit\cInst_1\' take this while the error message has appeared.

I have actually gave up on this pc being xp based, even though i have a win 7 partition, its cut down and use for gaming only!

What i have done is got my pc from bedroom, connected it to my tv through hdmi, the drive has win 7 on it and im transferring all

updates to this pc to work on. and try this route! If i have anymore probs i will take screendump and last.ini and send it!

Ah so you're using XP :P

Well....how one can miss that fact when iv stated that fact sooooooo many times! (must be a york shire bug!) :P

sigh......i can tell its gona be a long day..........hehehehe

Being born and bred in "lundin" has its effects as well!..

Hey fellas, how long does it take for you to install all mcrips updates, reason why i ask as its taken me 4 hours

in xp, and about 18 mins on my other pc usin win 7!!

Edited by Muffy