Custom Boot Screen

upgrade

Would it be Possible to Customize the boot screen images and animations to something of your choice on windows 7 & 8? id really love this feature and im sure many users would use it :)

maby you could build a boot screen integrator that can import users custom boot screens and people can share them as a file with a format recognized by win toolkit like .WA but WB. or something similar.

• 3 weeks later...

i also have this tool yeah its pretty good but i still think having the feature integrated into win toolkit would be cool ud never have to leave the toolkit for anything imagine the toolkit being able to do EVERYTHING RT 7 Lite can do + RT 7 booster and ALOT more features than them too it would literally be the best windows iso editor in existence!

Edited by upgrade

let me rephrase my suggestion i think you misunderstand me i dont see why its rude or lame, if Lego would confirm that he would actually try and put all the features in that rt 7 lie + Booster have id donate no problem at the moment win toolkit doesnt do a few things i would like it to. I dont like switching between the 2 as win toolkit is better i would prefer just to use it on its own.

Now i dont mean that in any way, shape or form Badly just that it lacks certain features that i would deffo pay for and if he were to confirm that these would be implemented id deffo donate right away but at the moment i cant make my iso how i want with win toolkit alone, all i was suggesting is at some point could win toolkit become more feature full than rt 7 Lite + Booster ? if so then id be happy to donate (Even Every month or so) i am not rich but i would donate regularly as much as i could afford but id like to see some features that id love to use (i know it already has many i just think it could have so much more) i do not mean this in a disrespectful way at all as i think Lego has worked very hard on this already and its a very good piece of software witch i respect that he gives us for free and codes in his own time. if i had coding knowledge as good as Lego id even offer to help sadly i do not.

Do you understand me now i have tried to make this as polite as i can.

I knew what you meant.

Let me tell you where I come from though.

I have been the developer and caretaker of a app that is freeware and has been around for nearly 9 years. Over all of that time I have had hundreds tell me "If you add (Insert feature) I would gladly donate."

2 people ever followed through. My app has been downloaded millions of times and is used (Without any approval by me) in most popular warez windows distros.

Over 9 years I have received (With the exception of two people that were very generous) @ 1500 usd total. After server and web costs that would leave me with @ 60 usd a year in donations.

There are some weeks (I know the same applies to Legolash) I spend 40+ hours in development.

It is a pretty big slap in the face to tell someone that you use their app and like it allot only to then say the above.

• 4 weeks later...

As I've said in other posts, v1.4.0.x build is for bug fixes. You can see for yourself the amount of bug fixes in this build. WinToolkit logs shows 1000+ changes and 250+ of those are bug fixes from this build. I want to have everything fixed before I start implementing requests. Obviously not every bug can be fixed, but as soon as I get to v1.4.0.100 I will then start working on v1.5.0.x

Version 1.5 is when I will be adding as many requests as possible in this request forum. Theres no point in adding new features when some of the existing end dont work perfectly. So I take it under professional pride to get them fixed first.

Yeah I can spend 40+ hours working on WinToolkit and sometimes until 2am in the morning. Haven't had that much time since starting university again but I'm gong to be rescheduling some stuff so that I can make time.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with customizing the boot screen is the boot on EFI bioses, and all future computers will have this. I have looked into a few tools, none did.

My guess this will never work.

So integrating it into the WinToolkit is piontless as long as nobody is able to do it at all.