[Release] Gotcha! Data Backup

Siginet

Gotcha! Data Backup

UPDATE: Gotcha! Data Backup is now featured in Computer Power User Magazine! Issue January 2013 on page 72!!

:)

This is my latest invention. ;) It's actually been in the works for many years. I've been using it in my internal Computer Repair company for a long time now.

It is used to backup user data from a system before reinstalling a computer... or to transfer the data to another computer. I've built in many of the much needed areas that Technicians tend to need to backup.

It can be used on a system running windows. It can also detect multiple Windows Drives and ask you which drive you wish to do backups from. This is helpful when you attach a customers drive as a slave drive on your system by connecting their drive internally in your computer or through USB. It also will work on WinPE.

Another useful feature it has is the ability to Move Files to your backup location instead of copying them. This is a great feature if you wish to quickly move all of their important data into a folder on the same drive that you will be reinstalling the system. Since all of the data is being relocated to a spot on the same drive backups will be much faster.

Here are some of the things Gotcha! can backup:

• Windows Product Keys
  • Office Product Keys
  • Drivers
  • Shared Docs
  • Fonts
  • Desktop
  • Favorites
  • My Documents
  • My Pictures
  • My Music
  • My Videos
  • Downloads
  • Firefox
  • Google Chrome
  • WinMail
  • Outlook Express
  • Microsoft Office

Please let me know what you think! Let me know if you come across any bugs! Let me know if you have any ideas you wish me to add as well!!

*** This is still in Beta... so use at your own risk ***

Download and Review @ FileForum

Edited by Siginet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated to 0.5.0.3.

Changed - I got rid of MD5Hash Checking. It was too slow. Now Gotcha checks file dates and only overwrites if the date does not match. This makes Gotcha super fast when dealing with files that already exist.

If you enjoy this software please give me a review @:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Gotcha-Data-Backup/1347855415/1

If you have any requests please reply to this thread. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Latest version finally released! v0.5.0.8.  It has been in the testing phase for quite some time.  v0.5.0.6 and v0.5.0.7 were only internal releases.  A lot of work went into this version and I think everybody will enjoy it!!

Please don't forget to give it a great review if you enjoy using it!
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Gotcha-Data-Backup/1347855415/1

• 10 months later...