4 days of integration version .65 and failure need help please.

infringer

The only issue I have is figuring how to do this correctly cause I spent about 4 days creating images that were faulty due to the fact the CD DVD drivers are missing this may be related to my own stupidity of selecting the integrate drivers into boot.wim option IDK or selecting enable x64 recovery I don't understand why a perfectly good image would be faulty espicially with all of those drivers integrated from the driver pack there should be no reason to have a missing cd/dvd driver to install windows every friggin driver possible was loaded to this ISO.

Could anybody tell me what the underlying issue is here I really do not want to waste another 4 days integrating stuff for it not to work again.

I thank you for your time I am running out of it here as I really need to get this working to help a friend out who has been bugging me for the past week to help him reinstall his windows 7 to his new ssd on the laptop and it would be great not to have to sit and wait for updates or find all kinds of drivers but if I have to I guess I have to I just figured this would save me some time in the long run as I plan to upgrade my SSD soon as well... I really appreciate your help guys.

This is all done using .65 as the version.

I wonder if the updated version will solve this issue or if I am doing something wrong.

PS no addons or silent installs were used in the making of this ISO.

Any error messages?

Personally i don't integrate driver packs and i NEVER would. Reasons being:

• Take ages
  • Colossal waste of space
  • Easier to install them manually after install.
  • Massive chance of BSODs, errors, etc.. during install
  • Increases install time.

The only time i integrate drivers is if i was making a disc for a specific system. I normally keep anything like driver packs in a folder on the DVD root i.e. X:\Drivers

No the error was basically missing cd drivers which didn't make since when entering setup ...

Well I integrated driver packs to automate stuff obviously and oddly enough while each wim was 20gigs + the final file size of my setup was a whopping 6.x GB for an AIO setup to me this is not all that bad. I don't feel it would be a waste of space if it saves me the time of having to transfer drivers for wireless here and some laptop models are just utterly stupid they have like 10 different wireless adapters for the same model of laptop or 5 different camera drivers.

So if I could simplify the process it would be nice but you say then driver integration is not the correct way to go about it instead use the driver pack CD or get the drivers manually. I like this solution for drivers while I have not tested the time it will take on the installation side which would possibly change my view...

Does the install take double the amount of time to install windows with the drivers integrated or more?

Does the installation of windows with the drivers retain all the drivers on the hard drive even if they are not used?

I am really curious being that the developer himself doesn't use the driver integration except for rare occasions I would like to know more specifically what the results are one could estimate what you say as a long time meaning 10mins more or for the next guy it may be an hour more. And as far as the waste of space is it space wasted on the iso vs the target drive it is being installed to?

There was a lot of information in that short reply you made while I appreciate the reply the specifics of the answer were left out. I think that integration is really not all that long a couple of days to have nearly every driver possible is a small price to pay and the amount of compression achieved is amazing for anything to process that much faster at this current day and age I would have to say show me. 200+Gigs compressed to 6.x gigs sounds almost impossible.

---

So when you say dvd root x:drivers you mean you create a directory in the home directory with your setup.exe called drivers and you just pile them all into there well I have done that with software that everyone would typically use and some non typical stuff that I use as well like SIW and other tools. But this somewhat defeats the purpose of what you are trying to produce with this piece of software which is automation. From your useage it sounds to me like the biggest bummer of all for you is windows updates if I am reading you correctly. The tweaks were a nice addon as well by the way. Silent installers and windows addons are nice too but as soon as you get them on the disc they will surely be updated the next day drivers on the other hand do not get updated as frequently as software anyhow I suppose your method would work equally as well but would take up quite a bit more space being uncompressed.

No the error was basically missing cd drivers which didn't make since when entering setup ...

Well I integrated driver packs to automate stuff obviously and oddly enough while each wim was 20gigs + the final file size of my setup was a whopping 6.x GB for an AIO setup to me this is not all that bad. I don't feel it would be a waste of space if it saves me the time of having to transfer drivers for wireless here and some laptop models are just utterly stupid they have like 10 different wireless adapters for the same model of laptop or 5 different camera drivers.

So if I could simplify the process it would be nice but you say then driver integration is not the correct way to go about it instead use the driver pack CD or get the drivers manually. I like this solution for drivers while I have not tested the time it will take on the installation side which would possibly change my view...

1. Does the install take double the amount of time to install windows with the drivers integrated or more?

2. Does the installation of windows with the drivers retain all the drivers on the hard drive even if they are not used?

3. I am really curious being that the developer himself doesn't use the driver integration except for rare occasions I would like to know more specifically what the results are one could estimate what you say as a long time meaning 10mins more or for the next guy it may be an hour more. And as far as the waste of space is it space wasted on the iso vs the target drive it is being installed to?

4. There was a lot of information in that short reply you made while I appreciate the reply the specifics of the answer were left out. I think that integration is really not all that long a couple of days to have nearly every driver possible is a small price to pay and the amount of compression achieved is amazing for anything to process that much faster at this current day and age I would have to say show me. 200+Gigs compressed to 6.x gigs sounds almost impossible.

---

5. So when you say dvd root x:drivers you mean you create a directory in the home directory with your setup.exe called drivers and you just pile them all into there well I have done that with software that everyone would typically use and some non typical stuff that I use as well like SIW and other tools. But this somewhat defeats the purpose of what you are trying to produce with this piece of software which is automation. From your useage it sounds to me like the biggest bummer of all for you is windows updates if I am reading you correctly. The tweaks were a nice addon as well by the way. Silent installers and windows addons are nice too but as soon as you get them on the disc they will surely be updated the next day drivers on the other hand do not get updated as frequently as software anyhow I suppose your method would work equally as well but would take up quite a bit more space being uncompressed.

1. Well not double amount of time, but it will take longer i.e. an extra 1 min, 10 mins, etc.. as it will have more files to copy. I've never really timed it if i'm honest.

2. I think some people say it does retain the drivers, which will mean your installs are larger.

3. Well it's a lot quicker just to simply copy and paste the entire driver folder to a folder on the root of a DVD, yeah you manually have to install the drivers but it saved A LOT of time during the integration part as it won't have any drivers to do. If i did make an AIO disk with drivers i would only integrate WLAN, LAN and possibly chipset drivers only. Graphics, sound and the rest drivers i would do manually.

4. I agree it's amazing how they compress 200GB into a 6GB WIM file. But yes, some people complain about it taking so long to integrate drivers when they have selected 1000s from their driver packs and then they select more than one image at a time.

I tend to only reply to the sentences ending with a '?', so if you want to know the specifics then ask directly. I tend to look for the question marks and reply to those.

5. Yes i make a 'Drivers' folder on the root of the setup DVD and just copy and paste the driver packs into there. The only part of Win Toolkit i don't use is Drivers, i actively use the rest. I just don't have '4 days' to wait for it to do drivers and i personally don't mind doing the stuff manually.

Remember though, A LOT of the features in Win Toolkit where actually requested by other users so don't be surprised if I, the developer, don't use a specific part of the tool (like drivers). Everyone is different.

If for example I'm making a disc for a specific PC i.e. sisters, parents, friends or my own then i do tend to integrate drivers for that specific machine. The only thing i don't do with drivers is integrate 1000s of drivers which won't be used.

i only add lan and wlan drivers that way I can atleast get online to dl anything else

Yeah, that's a good idea. They seem to be the most important ones.

Excellent breakdown thanks for your time and the excellent program. Must be an old school coder or trained by them. The professional approach you have with your own albeit free application is astonishing. And quick to boot. I thank you and take care.

Excellent breakdown thanks for your time and the excellent program. Must be an old school coder or trained by them. The professional approach you have with your own albeit free application is astonishing. And quick to boot. I thank you and take care.

Thanks. If you have any other questions, just ask :)