Bugs Notice / Known Bugs

Legolash2o

During v65, Win Toolkit had uploaded lots of bug reports. At the moment i have 22 log files which have been split into 16 different bugs and they look to be pretty important bugs as well.

I'm not having a go or anything, but i would just like to remind you that this isn't Star Wars, i won't sense a disturbance in the force when a bug appears and please please please please please report bugs otherwise they won't get fixed.

For those who do report bugs, i would like to say a massive thank you!

Known Bugs / Need Further Information

• 'Collection is read only.' in All-In-One Integrator
  • 'The system cannot find the file specified' exporting image in WIM Manager
  • 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' when loading AIO Integrator
  • 'Could not take ownserhip' in Component Removal
  • 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' when integrating update

Fixed Bugs

• File missing when copying cab file in Update Retriever
  • 'Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.' during Tools Manager (main form)
  • 'Index was out of range.' in Component Remover
  • Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary' in Addon Maker
  • 'Unable to save as JPG.' during logon background tweak
  • 'Attempted to read or write protected memory.' in Tools Manager (main form)
  • 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' when integrating silent installer
  • Error copying file in AIO Integrator > Files tab if no file extension added to 'Save To' path.
  • 'The target file "C:\WinToolkit\Mount\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero" is a directory, not a file.' when integrating theme.
  • 'Could not get previous mount data' in WIM Manager
  • 'Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Imagex.exe" wurde verweigert.' Access denied when writing resource.

These all seem like crucial bugs and i'm surprised no one has reported them. I'll try and fix them ASAP.

DO NOT REPORT BUGS IN THIS TOPIC!

I'm not having a go or anything, but i would just like to remind you that this isn't Star Wars, i won't sense a disturbance in the force when a bug appears and please please please please please report bugs otherwise they won't get fixed.

Sorry to be a little offtopic, and also to contradict you, but I think you're more like Jean-Luc Picard. :D You're asking stuff Picard also spoke of. :D

BTW - you said somewhere people who discuss more than one bug (as I do often) in one post annoy you. Maybe you should repeat this more, last thing I want is for Picard to get angry! :D

Sorry to be a little offtopic, and also to contradict you, but I think you're more like Jean-Luc Picard. :D You're asking stuff Picard also spoke of. :D

BTW - you said somewhere people who discuss more than one bug (as I do often) in one post annoy you. Maybe you should repeat this more, last thing I want is for Picard to get angry! :D

I take that as a compliment :)

You had the right to post a bug in that topic as you started it (if i remember correctly) but then other users dumped there bugs into it as well but it's not the end of the world.

No no, I'm not reffering to that thread. It's ok, I don't have a big ego like other people from IT-related forums. :) But you were saying yesterday something ... I'd better quote you:

The only thing that annoys me is

1. People putting all of their bugs into the same post so things get confusing as hell.

2. People not reporting bugs, which definitely annoys me.

So I remembered the no. 1, and thought that maybe you should state it more ofted. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting you know i'm still here, i've just been in ill (man-flu). The only thing i've been doing is fitness classes, playing Runescape (hadn't played in years) and lots of sleep :D

In the meantime, keep posting bugs. I'm sure i'll have a few bug reports and logs to go through once i'm better.

Please at least TRY to search for an unknown term with Google or your favorite search engine. The very first result:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_flu -

Man flu is a pejoratively used phrase that refers to the idea that men, when they have a cold, exaggerate and claim they have the flu. Whilst a commonly used phrase in the UK, it is referred to in other cultures and there is a continuing discourse over the scientific basis for the phrase.

Cheers and Regards

This "bug" sounds like someone selected a directory on a DVD or a location that did not have write permissions (possibly network). But that is just my 2 cents.

I'm about 90% better, this cough won't go away though!!! Just having an induction week at University and i'll be trying to set up a blog mostly about Win Toolkit if anyone is interested in reading it. I'm just working on Win Toolkit now and will be this afternoon too. I can see that they're still some bugs left to get rid off.

How is everyone?

The cough is always my nemesis. If I can just keep the cough from really taking hold I'm usually good to go in about a week. If I can't, it seems to take two or three. Annoying as hell.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt

• 'The system cannot find the file specified' exporting image in WIM Manager
  • 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' when loading AIO Integrator
  • 'Could not take ownserhip' in Component Removal
  • 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' when integrating update

Good to see you back, Lego, and glad you're feeling better. Not even a powerful flu can stand in the way of Win Toolkit dev! :D

About those unsolved bugs... you need further info to figure them out?

The first one with the collection is read only in AIO may be related to a peculiar location of the temp mount folder and some administrator options of that partition / location. Maybe it's related to the new option of Win Toolkit to have that temp folder on the largest partition available, that may also be a network drive.

The second one - only one idea - maybe it's only user-related, some clumsy user renamed the windows image folder after it was loaded in Win Toolkit, with Win Toolkit running.

For the last three I have no clue, sounds more like a c++ programming error than an windows error.

Also, a suggestion - I remeber seeing ALOT of AIO errors reported here beeing caused by already processed windows images (either updates post-sp1 already integrated, or stuff already removed). So maybe a warning when scanning for the windows image folder (a warning that can be disabled from the app options), to preferably use an untouched msdn image when using AIO (you links for them in your app already) would be a good idea. :)

• 4 years later...

I test aio maker under windows 7 and 10 but same error. After extracting windows 8.1 iso files (single language or multi or other versions) give me this error: '../install.wim Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

ps: any other windows works perfect. Thanks for your hard working.

Edited by dnecro