What's Up

LUZR4LIFE

I just wanted to say hello to a few people, you know who you are. I hope you all are doing well. I have been real busy and spend my "non-working" time trying to make extra money or BF3. I didn't get kidnapped and rapped by aliens, well it's not kidnapping since I'm an adult. LOL

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

I have been real busy, I haven't even been on the OC foums in awhile. Who is everyone? Anything new?

I just had to doing training for Win8 at work, looks like another fail unless you have a touch screen. No info on rather or not you can switch to a normal windows.

What's your take on 8 Lego? I see that you are using it. I have instead it twice in VM but never used it.

I have been real busy, I haven't even been on the OC foums in awhile. Who is everyone? Anything new?

I just had to doing training for Win8 at work, looks like another fail unless you have a touch screen. No info on rather or not you can switch to a normal windows.

What's your take on 8 Lego? I see that you are using it. I have instead it twice in VM but never used it.

I wouldn't call it a fail. Try to get used to Metro, learn it's shortcuts. Windows 8 are super fast and stable. I can't find any minuses since I started to use it..

Check this list:

http://www.wincert.net/tips/microsoft-windows/windows-8/3252-complete-list-of-windows-8-shortcuts

I will NEVER use it though due to these main reasons:

DVD\Blueray support is gone. (Codes and licenses cost too much, REALLY MS?)

Win8 can and will dial home and tell MS what you download and install.

Those are my main 2 reasons.

I didn't know DVD/BR support was gone. WTF. This isn't the 1st Windows OS to phone home is it?

I will NEVER use it though due to these main reasons:

1. DVD\Blueray support is gone. (Codes and licenses cost too much, REALLY MS?)

2. Win8 can and will dial home and tell MS what you download and install.

Those are my main 2 reasons.

1. That sucks, although i hardly use them anyway ;)

2. I'm pretty sure that's illegal (Data Protection Act UK), i'm behind a 2048bit VPN encryption anyway, so that makes no difference to me either. Apparently it would take 1 million years for a super computer to decrypt it :D

At first i hated it because of the Metro, Metro is not good on desktops and it's definitely not good on laptop (touchpads). I've gotten used to it now and once i've sorted what icons i want on the main metro screen i've come to like it. I don't use any of the metro apps and remove them and another downside is when installing new applications about 5 icons get added to the metro screen.

But yeah, i have my metro screen nice an organized with a start menu from Classic Shell. I love the way i have it setup.