Will integrated updates remain after additional integrations?

grant3

I am contemplating doing the following:

- integrating all my desired updates & silent installs into a "base" image

- making multiple copies of the same image (Machine1, Machine2, etc.)

- on each of those directories, integrating additional drivers, etc. (for use on different machines)

Will each of the copies retain all of the updates & installs that were part of the "base" image?

(The desired advantage being that I save 2 hours of integration time for each machine, by not having to duplicate the updates)

Yes I do the same thing all the time

I am contemplating doing the following:

- integrating all my desired updates & silent installs into a "base" image

- making multiple copies of the same image (Machine1, Machine2, etc.)

- on each of those directories, integrating additional drivers, etc. (for use on different machines)

Will each of the copies retain all of the updates & installs that were part of the "base" image?

(The desired advantage being that I save 2 hours of integration time for each machine, by not having to duplicate the updates)

It should show them after running the AIO Integrator, it won't show tweaks though.

Open AIO Integrator and select just 1 tweak you would like.

Goto options make make sure all of the 'Prompt' options are checked.

Click start.

It will show you everything you have integrated into that image previously.

I'm going to borrow this thread a bit.

So, let's say I have an image of Win7 that has certain parts deleted or disabled. When I update that image through Windows Update, I suppose updates for deleted/disabled parts will not be installed, am I correct? (At least that's the way of XP).

But what if the silly me decides to add updates with Win Toolkit and let's say I have a whole bunch of them and cannot tell which of those updates belongs to deleted/disabled parts from my Win7 image... Will the Win Toolkit ignore these updates because it cannot apply updates if functions don't exist OR will these updates still be installed and just sit there minding their own business and eat up precious image space?

I hope my question makes sense :)

Thanks, Lego. I've finally given up on the idea of slimming my Win7 installation in order to "save space". On the other hand, for some fact I find it rather irritating to own, let's say, Starter and when I install it it includes majority of system files as, I don't know, Professional? It just sits there in case I might decide to buy it so the activation would just "unlock" the additional features. I'm much more comfortable with the idea of downloading said features if I ever decide to upgrade. But that's just me :)

Not to go too much off-topic, to save space I'd have to go with installing tweaked Win7 SP1 image and then run Windows Update - because manually decide which ones of 400+ updates to use in Win Toolkit sounds like way too much hassle.

Again, thanks for quick feedback.