Please recommend a program to extract drivers from a system

grant3

Wouldn't it be easier to get the drivers from the official website(s) and then -if you want to- extract them with 7zip in their own folders? If your system is old or are not sure which drivers/hardware you use, you can always go with driverpacks.

I have tried Double Driver to extract drivers from my laptop. It worked very easily, but it missed a file from 3 different drivers (according to WinToolkit) so I'm nervous it may have also missed entire drivers that I'm unaware of.

Well, i've used driver genius, but looking up in google i'vwe seen this one that may be a good one:

http://sourceforge.n...ojects/drvback/

Wouldn't it be easier to get the drivers from the official website(s) and then -if you want to- extract them with 7zip in their own folders? If your system is old or are not sure which drivers/hardware you use, you can always go with driverpacks.

But I agree that, as said by monkee that downloading the drivers from their oficial website is the best option.

In anyway, if you can't do it for some reason you can go through the harder way, which is to copy the entire windows partition to a backup and then run the search for each driver on this backup after you have reformatted the computer, it will work for sure, you may have to find one or two drivers manually as it sometimes will pop you up for a missing file, which you will need to direct it to the folder, by using search tool first.

Edited by TheRuan

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be easier to get the drivers from the official website(s) and then -if you want to- extract them with 7zip in their own folders? If your system is old or are not sure which drivers/hardware you use, you can always go with driver-packs.

Windows 7 has come a long way with respect to drivers. I have used the method suggested by monkey in various scenarios and it has always worked. I have used this method to integrate drivers using either win toolkit or NT6.x True Integrator.