Wincert.net New Frontpage

NIM

Hey fellas :pirate:

Some of you already know that in few days WinCert.net will have a new frontpage. Current frontpage is based on VirtuaNews CMS (content management system) which is a dying breed since it has a small community, lack of support and practically no skins.

So, I decided to go for Joomla CMS, which is one of the most powerful Open Source Content Management Systems on the planet. It is used all over the world for everything from simple websites to complex corporate applications. It also has a big community, support and a lot of skins to choose from.

Since I wanted a special skin which would look like this forum I had to pay for it, but it was worth it :thumbsup:

As I'm testing this new frontpage some problems occured. It seems that a lot of people can't access this testing site, while others can..

In that case, I would like all of you to reply here and say if you can or can't access this link below.

WinCert.net NEW SITE

P.S. Registering is disabled, and I'm just started to work on it's structure so don't attack with the questions: "why there are no items to display?" :Pc:

• 2 weeks later...

Let's push this topic back to the top again :naughty:

After 1 week of testing and modifying new CMS, we have finally moved the WinCert.net test site to the root.

We had a lot of problems in merging IPB and Joomla accounts to one DB and unique logon and account info used by both systems. This problem has been fixed with a great script from BBPixel which works perfectly.

As for now, it seems that everything is working fine, hopefully it'll stay that way :sweatingbullets:

If there will be some issues with the site from now on, please post it at Site and Forum Issues Forum.

I would like to thank WolfX2 for making great graphics for this site, Helt for SQL, .php, .css, bbpixel, modules support and all other things that he did for me, Cygnus for doin' a great job of news reporter which he will continue to do on the new page also...

And last but not least, thx to all the active members on this forum for their encouragement and support.

Enjoy WinCert community!

Not Found

The requested URL /joomladir was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Its happening to me again N1K

Edited by ricktendo64

Its happening to me again N1K

Yup, Cygnus is right, we have deleted the old VN pages and moved our new frontpage to the root of the site.

You probably have an old bookmark which is pointing to /joomladir..

You can now use www.wincert.net, and all of the Wincert links should work now.:thumbsup:

You should edit your first post to include the new hyperlink.

VERY VERY NICE! :o Thats one good looking page... I predict good things in the future for this new website.

WolfX2 you dun good :clap:

Yup, actually I bought the frontpage skin, and Wolf did a great job of modificating it :thumbsup:

Also, the link from the first post is changed ^_^

and you did a great job on the logo :)

thanks go out to N1K for getting the sight up and running.

oh btw, before i forget. the forums look great on my pocket pc :D

ill post screenshots later if any one is interested.

• 4 weeks later...
and you did a great job on the logo :)

thanks go out to N1K for getting the sight up and running.

oh btw, before i forget. the forums look great on my pocket pc :D

ill post screenshots later if any one is interested.

I would like to see it since I'm planing to get myself a pocket PC in the near future.. :thumbsup:

So, show them Cygnus :)