Any research on DISM "install pending"

YumeYao

Just have played with win7 deployment, I noticed that "integrated" updates/hotfixes are actually "install pending" rather than "installed", so that they are to be installed "when the image is booted".

So anybody knows how to get this done? I would rather like seeing they are "installed", just like the integration of sp1.

Also is there a way to remove old packages(old files that have been superseded) to save space?

Operating System Package Servicing Command-Line Options ??

Limitations

When you are installing a package in an offline image, the package state is “install pending” because of pending online actions. In other words, the package will be installed when the image is booted and the online actions are processed. If subsequent actions are requested, they cannot be processed until the previous pending online action is completed. You can use the /PreventPending option when you add a package with /AddPackage to skip the installation of a package when there are pending online actions.

Some packages require other packages to be installed first. You should not assume that dependencies will be satisfied. If there are dependency requirements, you should use an answer file to install the necessary packages. By passing an answer file to DISM, multiple packages can be installed in the correct order. This is the preferred method for installing multiple packages. For more information, see How to Add or Remove Packages Offline.

Packages are installed in the order that they are listed in the command line.

When using DISM to list the optional components in a Windows PE image, the optional components will always be listed as pending even when the servicing operation was successful. This is by design and requires no additional action from you.

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

The link and quote you listed is exactly what I referred to on my first post.

I was just asking because I want to know if anybody has worked around this limitation, i.e. worked out the really really "true integration".

Hi YumeYao, we have already seen, in fact I wanted to understand exactly what you wanted to do them

I've seen this thing or not yet, but I do not think you can skip the "install pending" (I think and a procedure that is performed by default during generalize, with the driver and everything else, I think fate not to create problems during installation in other HW

maybe some update does not need to install it and told them ect ect, or should not be installed or configured them, fate from microsoft to prevent brute surprises during installation in different PC)

instead remove packages Also DISM API I have not seen a certain option, so officially does not exist, I think so not recommended to do so, but you can do so by reading the _manifest_.cix.xml or read all package_for_kb%number%_ *.mum to find all file*.manifest & files of the update

however All this and only my opinion, so I do not know everything is possible hmmmmm, let's see what others say

sorry for my english

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece

the really really "true integration" in Windows NT6.x hmmmmm, the choice of (the new structures) microsoft keep a backup of everything inside WinSxS, really creates confusion, to extract and group all update together and make a kind of update pack them hmmmm, perhaps can be done, but nobody will ever be sure that everything will be OK

think them there is a bug a BUG since WinVista, you can not install WinSxS from setup.msi (example crt90.msi) in specialize phase of Setup, because it's all winsxs in error hmmmmmmm

Ciao.

Edited by OnePiece