error while installing image - "windows could not configure..."

bhubert1978

hello folks,

I just finished creating a bootable USB stick - with a original Win7Pro SP1 dvd. I applied all available updates to the original files and just tried to install them. Nearly everything works fine just at the end of the installation (when a reboot should be done) a window pops up and says:

"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation."

Doesn't work though. I know this error message can mean everything but is there still maybe someone who can help me with that one?

Also I have another problem. I have an autoattended.xml - but still it asks me for the language settings, which version I would like to install and also which harddisks I would like to use.

Where can I change this to German windows settings, and to take the whole harddisc without asking for the right windows version?

Thanks in advance,

Bernhard

hello folks,

I just finished creating a bootable USB stick - with a original Win7Pro SP1 dvd. I applied all available updates to the original files and just tried to install them. Nearly everything works fine just at the end of the installation (when a reboot should be done) a window pops up and says:

"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation."

What update pack are you integrating into your media? Also what method (ie: Win Tool Kit) are you using to accomplish the integration of the updates?

Also I have another problem. I have an autoattended.xml - but still it asks me for the language settings, which version I would like to install and also which harddisks I would like to use.

please post your autoattend.xml for review.

Edited by dotfusion