[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

Version 4.5.1 replace 4.5??

Yes!

4.5.1 updates the "old" 4.5 on a running windows; if you do a new installation, you need only 4.5.1.

Thiersee

Edit:

I installed the new repack 4.5.1 silent with the options /y /sfxlang:1031 (no problem or errors) but

the new repack (4.5.1 LDR) does NOT update the language-pack 4.5, i.e. after installig the repack 4.5.1_intl language-pack 4.5 is still present in the list of installed programs.

After that I uninstalled both and installed 4.5.1 again (only an error from catalyst, because he needs FW 4.0 and higher): all OK after restart.

Edited by Thiersee

4.5 installer by default was GDR but I patched it with KB2519265 to change it to take LDR updates (these are non security bug fixes,) with 4.5.1 (it changed) there are 2 installers with 2 sets of files

netfx_Full_GDR_x*.msi       andnetfx_Full_LDR_x*.msi
If you ONLY care about security updates you would choose the GDR, but if you want security updates and "hotfixes" from the microsoft knowledge base you should pick LDR (these will fail to install if you install the GDR)

If you are using the default EXE and you want to install the LDR branch you need to use

<ndp451_installer>.exe /trainswap
BTW

LDR = Limited Distribution Release (same as QFE = Quick Fix Engineering)

GDR = General Distribution Release

More info

Rick,

I'm not certain I follow the above.  What do I do if I only want the GDR version?  Is there a separate installer available?

No, I am not going to bother with the GDR installer

@compstuff simple solution, use /y /norestart

@mooms Windows 7 with no .net 4x offers 4.0, not 4.5 and I dont think it will change with 4.5.1

@Thiersee you did a upgrade install over .net 4.5?

Did the LP install at any point?

Yes, I did.

Only after 4.5-LP-uninstall.

Thats the way you should do things, this installer is "slim" because I removed most the setup stuff that uninstalls older .net 4x versions.

I will add the vbs slim script and other tools later, but for now you can find a link for the vbs in the .net 4.0 topic (there is a 4.5.1 version in there)

@compstuff the reason I wont add /norestart is because I want my installer to be more like the original and ask to reboot if needed, not like a addon type thing that installs in the b.g. without dialogs

I will add the vbs slim script and other tools later, but for now you can find a link for the vbs in the .net 4.0 topic (there is a 4.5.1 version in there)

Perfect,

Just made GDR one for myself.

Thank You Rick.

Nope, I haven't touch an .exe, I just dropped it in "scripts" folder along with setupcomplete.cmd  and added this lane:

START /WAIT %windir%\Setup\Scripts\dotNetFx451_Full_LDR_x86_x64_Slim.exe 

then I tried those switches above.

I am just trying figure it out what went wrong, that's all. I didn't happen before.

• 2 weeks later...