[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

Start, Run, type: cmd, hit Enter (this opens cmd.exe)

You can also hold the SHIFT key, right click on empty space in folder of <installer>.exe and there will be an option to "Open command window here"

Now type the name of the installer (or hit Tab button to automatically fill) followed by the command line, it should look like so

X:\>installer.exe ProductName="whatever"

I already tested this command without success.

I put the installer.exe in a "test" folder in the root of C
Open cmd.exe, and then

cd c:\test
dotNetFx451_Full_LDR_x86_x64_Slim.exe ProductName = "Microsoft. NET Framework 4.5.1"

The installation begins (decompresses the file) and then after a few seconds I have this window

post-19771-0-45539800-1394035193_thumb.p

I click OK, and the installation is finished (but no Net 4.5.1 installed)

Thanks for your help

Don't space ;)

dotNetFx451_Full_LDR_x86_x64_Slim.exe ProductName="Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1"

or

dotNetFx451_Full_LDR_x86_x64_Slim.exe ProductName=Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1

And same error

Thanks

EDIT: it's good with dotNetFx451_Full_LDR_x86_x64_Slim.exe ProductName=Microsoft_.NET Framework_4.5.1 (no space in the name) for installation

but it doesn't change the names once installed....

Edited by tistou77

What it means by cumulative is you dont need 4.x, if you are on Windows 7 you already have .net 2.0/3.0/3.5, only on Vista will you need 3.x because it has 2.0 and on XP this is not compatible and already included in Windows 8.1

tistou77, why not do a repack? (you can find the links to the repack tools/resources on the 1st post)

Extract the files from the installer, open the MSI in InstEd, go to the Property table and change the ProductName, recompress with 7zip and drag & drop the <archive>.7Z ont the <drag&drop>.CMD

After installing 4.5.1 + fixes via WU,  I  see the installed updates (KB2898869 KB2901126)  listed under the following key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1\KBxxxxxxx

When using the slim installer the updates are all listed under:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5\KBxxxxxxx

Is there a reason why there is no reg key for 4.5.1?

Edited by click-click

Microsoft integrated updates uses the subkey \Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, when we install/integrate a patch it uses \[ProductName]

So the whatever is written as the ProductName in the Property table is used as the subkey

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5\KB#SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\[ProductName]\KB#

It does seem strange though that apparently 4.5.1 is used if the updates are done via MU/WU.  And it would seem to make more sense that 4.5.1 would be used.  Of course this wouldn't be the first time that MS was not consistent.

Cheers and Regards

tistou77, why not do a repack? (you can find the links to the repack tools/resources on the 1st post)

Extract the files from the installer, open the MSI in InstEd, go to the Property table and change the ProductName, recompress with 7zip and drag & drop the <archive>.7Z ont the <drag&drop>.CMD

It's good, thanks so much ;)

• 4 weeks later...

sir downloading link does not work, plz provide me link from where i can download 

[slim] .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full x86/x64

Links works fine here ;).

You must wait 5 sec on the coming site, then hit "Jump over Advertisement" (top-right, yellow field).

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

I have verified that the link does work fine, (after you wait 5 seconds then "Skip Ad" as Thiersee explained), downloads quickly, and the file is correct once downloaded.  Since Thiersee and I are on different continents, and it works for both of us, then I must concluded there is nothing wrong with the link.

@sukh, where are you located? (just out of curiousity)  Which browser are you using and have you tried a different one?

Factors that I have found that can effect your ability to download from, or connect to, a particular site are:

1) The site is down for some reason - check with http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ or something similar
2) Your DNS provider - I use OpenDNS but there are several others
3) Your HOSTS file
4) A setting in either your Firewall or Anti-Virus - Also check your corresponding settings in your router
5) An extension in your browser - to confirm, you can temporarily disable your extensions one at a time until they are all disabled
6) The browser itself - try a different one, there are many free ones to choose from, including many portable ones that don't even need to be installed
7) Very, very rarely your ISP might be at fault, you would have to call them to confirm

I hope this info helps you fix your connection issues.  Please let us know which of the above was your problem.

As to how to integrate this into your Windows 7 install disk, this particular version is an installer which is meant to be installed on a running system, or at least after the desktop has appeared, perhaps using WPI or something similar.  Win Toolkit should also be able to use this version, if you use the appropriate switches.You might prefer to use this version - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/11127-microsoft-net-framework-451-for-windows-7/ - which is specifically set up as an addon to be used with Win Toolkit.

Cheers and Regards

sir why there is not direct download link?

Because that is the way that ricktendo chooses to distribute his work.

The difference between the two versions you mentioned is this one is an installer and the other one is an addon.  Both should be able to be installed using Win Toolkit.

Besides trying a different browser and disabling extensions, have you tried the other 5 five suggestions I gave you to resolve your connection issues?

Cheers and Regards

PC's break down, need fixin... Its a way for me to make a few (emphasis on few) dollars to buy small parts that I need to keep my system up and functioning.
If I made at least $8-9 a month in donations (I make in between $6-11 on a good month with adf.ly,) I would do away with the adcrap, I don't like it as much as you

Thanks to adf.ly and donors, I was able to upgrade my router and motherboard, next on the list: ram, mouse, desk... you get the idea

anybody please send me the direct link to download  Slim Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 Full x86/x64 

as i am unable to download.

It's Ricktendo's his work and only Ricktendo is allowed to give you a direct link!

BTW, if he want it!

Edited by Thiersee