[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

I have a question please about the Microsoft Full installer vrs the Client installer - which I think the Client installer is kind of a Slim version I think....

My question is about Rick's Slim version (I see it saves a lot of space and thank you for that!)

Is there a Slim version of the smaller Client installation?

I ask because I need to install 4.52 or 4.53 of .NET for a few programs - but I want and prefer to install the smallest footprint of .NET as possible.

Thanks

PS,

As Thiersee said back in post #354 about FDM, I had tried at least 50 times in the last two days to download from Rick's v4.5.3 slim link on page 1 but it kept disconnecting me at different points, and when resuming (IE11 & Win7) it would still not finish.  I must of tried 50 times last night then I went to bed and back 8 hours later this morning - still the same thing, it was so exasperating.  Finally after reading many posts I see as Thiersee said they had to do too, I installed FDM download manager, and finally that let me get the complete v4.5.3 download very quickly.

180upload is a new host I am trying out, its fine

You really need to be careful with this site. It tries to make you download other things  like flash player update etc., It took quite a few hoops to get to the actual download. I have noscript installed and it was a pain.

FYI WU just showed these on my new test install using the 4.5.3 installer

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2937610)
More information: 

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2943357)
More information: 

FYI WU just showed these on my new test install using the 4.5.3 installer

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2937610)
More information: 

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2943357)
More information: 

They come with 4.5.2 too.

Thiersee

• 4 weeks later...

I attempted to install this (4.5.3) on Win 8.1 Enterprise.  It says 4.5 is already installed on this computer, but turned off.  I went to the turn windows features on and off, and aps 4.5 was unchecked.  So I checked it, then attempted to install this (4.5.3) again.  Same error (already installed but turned off)

Extract the MSI and other files from the slim installer, also extract the MSP from the update installer, run the following command

msiexec /a <msi_name>.msi /p <msp_name>.msp

I have copied the ndp45-KB2972216.msp update installer (for x86 and x64) in the slim package folder and updated then both netfx_Full_LDR_x*.msi installers as quoted above. Can i delete both update installers out of the slim package folder, once the integration has been performed? :g:

Cheers

Bloch sphere :welcome:

Edited by Bloch sphere