[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

Of course, has not been installed!

The update has just come yesterday and ricktendo's-repack is from 20-07-2015 ;).

KB3083186

this update will not install on a live machine with your Repack.

Did you not read Thiersee's post which answers both of your posts?

You need to wait for ricktendo to update his pack.

KB3083186

this update will not install on a live machine with your Repack

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things, but if what nai4fle is saying is that KB3083186 will not install via WU/MU on a live system that was last updated with Rick's previous .NET repack, then that seems like a legitimate problem with the .NET repack, doesn't it?  I haven't tried to install it myself since I usually just wait until Rick updates his repack and use that, but still ...

Cheers and Regards

@bphlpt,

I tried a fresh installation of Windows 7 with Rick's .net Framework 4.6, and this update was asked and successfully installed by WU.

Then nai4fle must have a different issue, or something wrong with his system, or I misunderstood. :)

Cheers and Regards

@bphlpt,

I tried a fresh installation of Windows 7 with Rick's .net Framework 4.6, and this update was asked and successfully installed by WU.

Then nai4fle must have a different issue, or something wrong with his system, or I misunderstood. :)

Cheers and Regards

I did compact:

http://forums.mydigi...l=1#post1080416

If you used Dism++ to compact, and the update did not install after that, then it might be that Dism++ is at fault.  To test, you could do a build and do everything you usually do except do not use Dism++.  If the update then installs correctly, then that would seem to point the finger at Dism++ and you should address this with the Dism++ developers so they could help figure out what exactly is creating the problem.  You could also ask over at MDL if anyone else has had similar problems.  Please report back with whatever you find out.

Cheers and Regards

• 2 weeks later...