[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

From the first post:

- Uncompress my installer and your Slim LP to the same folder
- Recompress all files/folders with 7-Zip
- Edit SFX Maker's config.txt to remove the semicolons ( ; ) from the start of ALL the disabled RunProgram and AutoInstall* command lines with netfx_*LP*.msi to activate/enable them (don't remove the semicolons from the lines with comments)

;RunProgram="netfx_fulllp_%%P.msi /qb!" ... ;AutoInstall="netfx_fulllp_%%P.msi /qn" etc...

- For the rest of the instructions look in the \Help folder of the SFX Maker

I did not make separate sfx installers for the LP's, you have to unzip the slim installer, add the LP files, recompress the files with 7zip, edit the sfx maker config.txt to allow the LP's to install and drag&drop your new 7z onto the bat

Not for the noob or faint of heart

Sorry Guys Just figured  it out (LP = language packs). I got confused... That happens when you are sitting hours in my old crt to fix my old pc  :type:  

The editing worked right at first try. It's not that difficult...

Thank you Ricktendo nice work again!!!

Edited by stsaerox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ricktendo and McRip, I think I understand it now :)

EDIT: is there any plan to make the install of .NET 4.5 Slim completely silent? Until now, one still sees a "Extracting..." window pop up. I ask in case of using this installer via WPI or similar progams where it would be preferable to not see any window popping up.

Edited by parapher

Updated with KB2803754 Hotfix rollup

@parapher you can pre-extract it and run the msi that applies to your arch with /qn switch, or you can repack it with the tools/resources I provide on the OP:

- Dowload SFX builder and replace the files with the NoGUI files

- Use 7zsplit.exe to make a .7z from the slim .exe installer

- Drag & drop the .7z onto the .cmd to rebuild the .exe with no extraction dialog and 100% silent install

It seems the French language pack is not installed with this build. (at least it didn't show in uninstall entries).

Edit: confirmed: I have rebuilt again the installer (just in case I've made a mistake), and tested in VM on Win7 x86 and x64.

Edited by mooms

I've made a very simple script to decompress, recompress and remake the installer with langpack included.

You must have 7-Zip Command Line Version (7za.exe) in the work folder.

Once you have decomposed the installer with 7zip splitter and edited the text file to remove semicolons, just run this script:

7za x dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.7z -y -o.\tmpnet7za x dotnetfx45lp_full_x86_x64*_Slim.7z -y -o.\tmpnet7za a Program.7z .\tmpnet\* -mx=9copy /b dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.sfx + dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.txt + Program.7z dotNetFx45_LP_x86_x64.exedel Program.7zdel dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.sfxdel dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.txtdel dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.7zrmdir tmpnet /s /q

And you will have a working installer with the langpack of your choice.

It works for .Net 4.0 installer also, just adapt the names