[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

Found out the reason why.  Turns out it's a bug in Win Toolkit where it places the WinToolkit_Apps folder outside the ISO directory.  So in my situation, it was placing it in D:\Downloads instead of D:\Downloads\Windows 7\Professional\X17-59186 (where I extracted my ISO).

Edited by scifimike12

Fixed my problem as well, found that the win toolkit was placing the folder in C:\Users\Negi_Origin\Desktop\x86_step_6\WinToolkit_Apps instead of C:\Users\Negi Origin\Desktop\x86 step 6.

Nice catch scifimike!

Found out the reason why.  Turns out it's a bug in Win Toolkit where it places the WinToolkit_Apps folder outside the ISO directory.  So in my situation, it was placing it in D:\Downloads instead of D:\Downloads\Windows 7\Professional\X17-59186 (where I extracted my ISO).

Edited by xyla16

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Rick'

I noticed using your silent slim .NET4.5 installer none of the updates are listed for uninstall. I searched the registry and found references to the KB's, but, am still unclear on how to uninstall those that become superseeded. Can you please help me on this?

You cant uninstall the superseded that are integrated into the installer, you can only uninstall those you yourself install after. Just install the new hotfix and you should be fine.

BTW the updates are not listed in the slim because there is a "condition" in the MSI installers that only add them if the setup stuff is not stripped out...Does not mean you can uninstall them, you still cant.

Are you sure that it installs the 32 bit?

Look for %WinDir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319

BTW the x64 installer installs both x86 and x64 files, no need for both

You can tell I haven't done any slipping for 6 months!! I just spotted a Microsoft.NET folder in programs (x86) but not in programs!!

All (x86, x64) present and correct in %WinDir%.

(I feel a right eejit!! :huh: )

Edited by ElmerBeFuddled

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...