[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

Ah so it's pre-release. Cool.

Now a question the installer. Is there anything special (other than the silent install switches) I would need to do to use it in SetupComplete.cmd?

Edited by ptd163

I have a question please about the Microsoft Full installer vrs the Client installer - which I think the Client installer is kind of a Slim version I think....

My question is about Rick's Slim version (I see it saves a lot of space and thank you for that!)

Is there a Slim version of the smaller Client installation?

I ask because I need to install 4.52 or 4.53 of .NET for a few programs - but I want and prefer to install the smallest footprint of .NET as possible.

Thanks

PS,

As Thiersee said back in post #354 about FDM, I had tried at least 50 times in the last two days to download from Rick's v4.5.3 slim link on page 1 but it kept disconnecting me at different points, and when resuming (IE11 & Win7) it would still not finish.  I must of tried 50 times last night then I went to bed and back 8 hours later this morning - still the same thing, it was so exasperating.  Finally after reading many posts I see as Thiersee said they had to do too, I installed FDM download manager, and finally that let me get the complete v4.5.3 download very quickly.

180upload is a new host I am trying out, its fine

You really need to be careful with this site. It tries to make you download other things  like flash player update etc., It took quite a few hoops to get to the actual download. I have noscript installed and it was a pain.

FYI WU just showed these on my new test install using the 4.5.3 installer

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2937610)
More information: 

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2943357)
More information: 

FYI WU just showed these on my new test install using the 4.5.3 installer

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2937610)
More information: 

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2943357)
More information: 

They come with 4.5.2 too.

Thiersee

• 4 weeks later...