[Slim] .NET Framework 4.6.1 Full x86/x64 (2-27-2016)

ricktendo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW using 3 different browsers and a very fast stable connection, after trying 8 times I can't get these files to download with the same MD5 at all and they never match the posted MD5... (these are the ONLY files I am having this problem with... all the other files I downloaded today are fine)

Edited by compstuff

Thank you for all the responses guys and Happy New Year to EVERYONE!!!

So I tried again today with my same scenario:

IE 11

Chrome 39.0.2171.71

Opera 26

Pale Moon 25

I can't get the same MD5 with any browser at all no matter how many times I tried. So then I tried Thiersee's suggestion and used FDM (very nice tool) and still no luck. I can't understand this since every other download from MediaFire works fine  :g: before giving up I did an RDP to a clients network and tried from there and sure enough it worked fine the first time. Not sure I get what exactly is technically going on here.

Edited by compstuff

It would have to be very strange malware since he says the two following things are true.

1) I can't understand this since every other download from MediaFire works fine  :g: 

2) before giving up I did an RDP to a clients network and tried from there and sure enough it worked fine the first time.

Assuming that exe's are some of the "every other download from MediaFire", then that's not it, and he transferred the files from (2) to his computer without them being modified in any way, so just transferring an exe file to his computer doesn't trigger the corruption either, then when exactly are the troublesome downloads being corrupted? Very strange, very strange.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks guys this is truly an odd issue because it seems to make no logical sense... to clarify: I definitely have been able to download every other .exe from mediafire and all other hosting services with matching MD5's , I have been updating all my exe tools like KUC, WHD, SFX makers including your new Java tool Mooms with no issues at all. I ran Malwarebytes and a few other tools that all came up clean. I must have tried at least 20+ times and could never get a correct MD5

I just ran the latest KUC against my system and updated everything, updated to the latest Flash and Shockwave, ran Rick's latest VBCFJRedist_AIO_x86_x64, cleaned my temp folders and of course rebooted quite a few times and just tried the download 2x with SUCCESS!!!

I can't begin to guess at which item "potentially" fixed this or what was the actual "cause & effect" here to resolve the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...