Entries.ini File Naming Conventions Question?

yogurt

In the current version of NT6.x True Integrator, is it still necessary to append the entries.ini file?

ie: entries_java7u7.ini

The reason I ask is because I have noticed several true addon makers in the forum do not adopt this convention. Their addons simply contain entries.ini. It seems redundant considering the entire addon is contained in a cab file.

Is this an old requirement from older versions of the tool?

Edited by dotfusion

Thanks Kel, it makes perfect sense. I would of thought that each addon would get extracted in its on folder. No worries. Knowing is half the battle. Thanks for quick reply. BTW: I'm a big fan of your releases and thanks for the Java Addon stuff.

Edited by dotfusion

It used to be important with the old RVM integrator, only a updatepack could have a entries.ini. The others had to have entries_<something>.ini but I dont think you need to worry about it anymore

Do you know if the same rules and logic apply to NT6.x Integrator? I could just test the darn thing, but I was hoping someone would have first hand knowledge. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Edited by dotfusion

Unfortunately, as OnePiece has opined, NT6.x Integrator has not caught on like many of the other OS integrating/building methods. It's a shame after all the capabilities were built into it. Of the few I know that use it, either Reaper or RP (over at Ryan's - http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=29 - shows many Win7 threads where NT6.x Integrator is discussed including some tutorials) would probably be your best bet for info other than OnePiece himself.

Cheers and Regards

Unfortunately, as OnePiece has opined, NT6.x Integrator has not caught on like many of the other OS integrating/building methods. It's a shame after all the capabilities were built into it. Of the few I know that use it, either Reaper or RP (over at Ryan's - http://www.ryanvm.ne...wforum.php?f=29 - shows many Win7 threads where NT6.x Integrator is discussed including some tutorials) would probably be your best bet for info other than OnePiece himself.

Thanks for the info. I've checked out all that I find over at RyanVM and here and frankly, what I did find is mostly outdated, hence the reason for my questions. I'm simply attempting to gain as much current insight as I can before testing my theories. Although, what I have read is outdated, it has proven to be helpful to a certain degree.

Edited by dotfusion

Kelsenellenelvian & ricktendo64 in perfectly right about entries.ini, this story just to keep compatibility with RVMi, because RVMi to this problem of entries.ini, because it is a program designed initially for RyanVM update pack, so the enties.ini and one that identifies an update pack, precisely for the addon need to add a name behind, instead in WinNT6.x True Integrator is not a problem, because working in WinNT6.x True Integrator does not matter what we in there, extracts each entires*.ini (each addon is extracted in different directory), because basic idea to imitate the update.exe inside windows hotfix, so basic idea and use a file entries.ini

WinNT6.x True Integrator supports almost all. not to say everything that you will be able to run from a file inf, WinNT6.x True Integrator supports much about it, so will be able to support all line in this case the process of svcpack addon and was still at update.exe from inside hotfix, or better to say according to the rules microsoft http://msdn.microsof...8(v=VS.85).aspx

Ja\;;; coment

v\ \\\\\ ;comment ect ect ect

;comment ect ect ect

;comment ect ect ect

;comment ect ect ect

a\ \\; comment ect ect ect

\\ \\ \ ;comment ect ect ect

comment ect ect ect

comment ect ect ect

.exe

interprets this command as java.exe

Or

dotNetFx40\;;; coment

_Full\ \\\\\ ;comment ect ect ect

_x64\ \\; comment ect ect ect

_x86\\ \\ \ ;comment ect ect ect

_SlimSetup.exe.exe \\

" "\; space and character of the separation

/y

interprets this command as dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64_SlimSetup.exe /y

Or

"Ja va.exe" /silent

interprets this command as Ja va.xe /silent (Not Ja va.xe /silent, because the command would ja.exe va.xe /silent)

Or

"Ja;;;;;va.exe" /silent

interprets this command as Ja;;;;;va.exe /silent

WinNT6.x True Integrator interprets the line as well and after executing them, after about another depends on what supports windows ehhhhhhhh during the run of each file name ect ect, do not want to be wrong but the MAX_PATH = 256 http://msdn.microsof...3(v=vs.85).aspx

but these line RVMi nLite and do not know them, so to keep compatibility to integrate the addon in Windows NT5.x (2000/XP/2003) need to use normal line ect ect

however as said many times in WinNT6.x True Integrator we tried to imagine all possible scenarios, them can be done really everything, WinNT6.x True Integrator should be updated (but we are not finding the free time to do) but still a good structure, so in this case if you want you can use an addon svcpack who knows only WinNT6.x True Integrator, example esntires.ini & section [setupAddOnToRun]

example

;All Windows (x32 & x64) NT6.x (6.0 - 6.1 - 6.2 ect ect ect)

[setupAddOnToRun]

javaforwinnt6.exe /silent ect ect

Or

here WinNT6.x True Integrator supports x32 & x64 Windows version

;This section contains version info for WinNT6.x True Integrator

[general]

builddate=2012-09-30T14:33:11Z

description=Windows6.1-KB2533552

language=Neutral

title=KBXXXXXX

version=6.1.7600.16385

website=http://www.Microsoft.com/

;;WinNT6.x True Integrator Optional info

;;processorArchitecture=x86

ReleaseType=SvcPack AddOn

Customizedby=Vostro Nome

Copyright=Microsoft

Company=Microsoft

InstallPackageName=Windows6.1-KBXXXXXXX.exe

LastUpdateTime=2012-09-30T14:33:11Z

[setupAddOnToRun.ntx86]

Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x86.exe

[setupAddOnToRun.ntamd64]

Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x64.exe

[strings]

In this case, if the OS and 32-bit WinNT6.x True Integrator integrates only Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x86.exe, if the OS and 64-bit WinNT6.x True Integrator integrates only Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x64.exe

config file used

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="%SystemRoot%\\System32\\WUSA.exe \"%%T\\Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x86.msu\" /norestart /quiet"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="%SystemRoot%\\System32\\WUSA.exe \"%%T\\Windows6.1-KBXXXXXX-x64.msu\" /norestart /quiet"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Or

;only in Windows 7 x32/x86

[setupAddOnToRun.ntx86.6.1]

Dotnet45_x32.exe

;only in Windows 8 x32/x86

[setupAddOnToRun.ntx86.6.2]

Dotnet45_64.exe

;only in Windows 7 x64

[setupAddOnToRun.ntamd64.6.1]

Dotnet45_x32.exe

;only in Windows 8 x64

[setupAddOnToRun.ntamd64.6.2]

Dotnet45_64.exe

or AIO mod

;only in Windows 7 x32/x86 & x64

[setupAddOnToRun.6.1]

Dotnet45_x32_64.exe

;only in Windows 8 x32/x86 & x64

[setupAddOnToRun.6.2]

Dotnet45_x32_64.exe

install the dotnet45 only in Windows 7 (6.1) and windows 8 (6.2) Not in Windows Vista (6.0),

see Sample INF Models Sections for Only One Target Operating System & Combining Platform Extensions with Operating System Versions

sorry again for my English, or written by me because Nonno Fabio rarely enters into the weekend, so answer remained Monday or Tuesday, so for everything else Nonno Fabio explains all the most well

as rightly bphlpt has already noticed this topic DX WinNT6.x True Integrator syntax for Win7 addon makers we forgot to put it here, but just come online Nonno Fabio will put immediately

Ciao a tutti.

Edited by OnePiece

@OnePiece

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain in detail. I appreciate it very much. Your answers have saved me many hours of searching the forum. Once again thanks for a great tool. I look forward to your next release.