Update catalog not working

amaltom61

Your probably behind a proxy, wait until McRip replies. There's nothing i can really do about it anyway as I can't make Win Toolkit bypass firewalls, etc... otherwise that would be illegal.

It is illegal, indeed.

@McRip

I have other things to do as well.

Fixed. It seems that you have a static IP. That' good.

Thanks for the addition to the server white-list. But it seems I still cant connect with WTK 1.4.0.77. No problem connecting with the beta. I've turned off my local firewall, still no success. I don't think it's anything in my router, because I can still connect with the WTK Beta. I've also tried flushing the DNS resolver cache, still no success.

My ISP doesn't use a proxy server, At least none that I can see.

I was under the impression that my Routers WAN IP was dynamic, if it's static as you suggest, all the better. Any ideas? Perhaps trying on another PC, but i don't think so.

Edited by dotfusion

For those Updates that are not able to be integrated into the offline image but rather are automatically moved to the silent install tab by Win Toolkit, as they should be, it might help new users if a note was left in the update tab area to that effect so the new users would learn to look around before they assume something wasn't updated and needlessly post questions here for the umpteenth time. Just a thought.

Cheers and Regards

I'll try again tommorow after some sleep, but please take a look Lego in the meantime. Servers work ok when visited via the browser. I think it's an accesing bug with all the servers for Update Catalog in build test 20.

LE: More info - only happens on first use (after archive decompression). Then it's ok. Maybe it has something to do with scanning for updates? Weird...

post-25565-0-44611900-1351298535_thumb.p

Edited by RicaNeaga

Very weird - it works without issues in test 21 (when, btw, the scanning for updates gave me the 1.4.0.77 needed update), however in v22 it gives me even the attached error - happens at beginning when scanning for SoLoR servers.

So it's linked to either scanning for SoLoR servers, either because the scanning is stalling for another task in v22 (and it can't be for scanning for WinToolkit updates, as I've unticked that from the options - or maybe it doesn't work the unticking part, and the task is happening even so), either both, either smth else.

I've updated in accordance my request from here.

post-25565-0-12296100-1351335244_thumb.p

post-25565-0-10729300-1351335245_thumb.p

Yes.

LE: I think you were reffering to the problem from my previous post. The problem from three posts above happens after trying to load all three servers. This also happens with the latest stable build, but now also that program not responding issue. :(

Edited by RicaNeaga

The problem above is gone in test 23, after you've removed SoLoR server (and probably other fixes), however oher two appeared after fulfilling my requests:

1) Selecting only msu and cab updates on the two servers is ok for windows 7 / 8, however it's not when it comes to office ones, that have the .msp extension. So please also add the .msp extenson to the ''allowed'' updates to be loaded. :)

2) Probably the new code change /filtering for McRip's server, made them inaccessible for me, but only for windows 7 ones, the windows 8 and windows office (with no updates, of course, sice almost all are .msp ones) ones load ok. The windows 7 ones give the 403 error (behind a proxy) - see attached.

Lego, I also asked McRip about moving that Satisfy WU folder, I'll come with feedback if I have any or maybe he'll prefer to send you directly a pm. :)

post-25565-0-76636200-1351374903_thumb.p

post-25565-0-39496000-1351374904_thumb.p

Edited by RicaNeaga