Disable parts of Update catalog

Eric666

First of all, great to see how KUC has been added to the Update catalog!

One feature I miss in this respect is to disable parts of the catalog. E.g. the IE9 folder contains Language packs for IE9, which I'm not interested in. It would be great to be able to exclude this kind of updates, which prevents a lot of unnecessary downloads. I assume the easiest way would be a per-folder selection for exclusion. Maybe it would be possible to show also folders in the update catalog, so that unchecking a folder would also automatically uncheck all the files therein?

Regards, Eric666

Alternatively you could just put the folder names in the list, just like all the updates, so essentially the structure is 'flattened'. Unselecting a folder would then also unselect all sibling files.

This would probably preserve search feature and also the already existing list properties. Folders are in essence just files with some special attributes anyway ;-)

Regards, Eric666

Yes, this looks very neat. At least all stuff which is in the same folder is now grouped and can easily be deselected by hand. Any chance of doing this by selecting a range using shift or control key and using RMB for easy deselecting? Or should I put that in a separate request (I don't mind)?

Probably extra ordering (e.g. by date or folder) could be added if the column headers were not fixed, but clickable for sorting. That's probably a new separate request....

Regards and thx for the quick action,

Eric666

You can already use control/shift key and then press space to check/uncheck.

Extra ordering by date would make everything messy again. Any new updates are at the top anyway :) The reason they are fixed is because sorting by date doesn't work properly (out of my control).