(Solved) Suggestions regarding some tweaks in beta 1.5.0 builds

RicaNeaga

1. I think it's better to remove the Desktop Enable Gadgets with UAC Off tweak. Reason: Microsoft already considers it a security flaw, no motives to help in that direction.

2. I think you should rename the Explorer Remove Shortcut Prefix to Remove Shortcut Suffix.

3. Faster Browsing in IE - moved from Misc Category to Internet Explorer.

4. The Misc Remove Windows Mail Splash - remove it or name it Vista only. Windows Mail is gone from Windows 7 / 8.

5. System tweak Disable Windows 7 built-in CD/DVD Burning - although disabled, there is still a windows explorer context menu with the Burn option - do we need another tweak to remove it entirely, or it doesn't work?

Edited by RicaNeaga

Ok, here's what I've found:

5. System tweak Disable Windows 7 built-in CD/DVD Burning - although disabled, there is still a windows explorer context menu with the Burn option

So dig up from the internet the following tweak for How to Remove “Burn” Button from Windows Explorer Command Bar:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoCDBurning"=dword:00000001

BTW, maybe permissions / ownership needs to be set for this tweak to be integrated succesfully? Just asking, NOT suggesting. It works ok on a live system.

So for the quoted no. 5 tweak to work, also please add this tweak I've mentioned in this post to it, a complementary tweak, and rename it in AIO from ''Disable Windows 7 built-in CD/DVD Burning'' to ''Disable Windows 7 built-in CD/DVD Burning and Explorer Command Bar''

After that, this thread can be considered solved & closed. Thanks. :)

Edited by RicaNeaga