Is there a tool lite windows 8?

sefas

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you use as profile image the photo of a man directly involved in the killing of millions of innocent people? Do you not think many people are still alive today who have been directly affected in their families by the actions of this man? I find it poor judgement on your part, as well as very disrespectful to use that image. Why not change it?

Why would you use as profile image the photo of a man directly involved in the killing of millions of innocent people? Do you not think many people are still alive today who have been directly affected in their families by the actions of this man? I find it poor judgement on your part, as well as very disrespectful to use that image. Why not change it?

Amen...

• 2 months later...

I finally got my hands on Windows8 (days away before their cheap offer is about expire), almost didn't make it due to their upgrade assistant problems :)

I'm looking forward to experimenting with WTK. On one hand with 8's release I expected the 8 forum to burst with questions, ideas and solutions but on the other one, 7 and 8 are kind of alike. Kind of.

monkee: AFAIK, WTK only disables components, but the components are still there in the installation. I removed 64 components and the installation got 306 MB smaller,

In this regard, WTK is not supposed to be the next vlite. Not worth it if you're asking me.

Also, don't touch the vlite tab in WTK, it makes the display black during the install for me at least.

Now that I see your post cout I guess you already knew that.. ;)

Windows 7 64 could be as small as 2.5 GB (stock size is 7.5 GB), I still haven't found a guide for W8 that makes it that small.

All forums are obsessing about start menu alternatives. Boring.

@Photek

I believe I read somewhere in the forums that Win Toolkit was not developed with the sole intention of hacking the day lights of a Windows 7 source, but rather as a tool to integrate updates, applications, etc... Win Toolkit, in my opinion, Is one of the best Third Party Windows deployment tools I've used in some time. Perhaps if you took the time to understand how Win Toolkit works you just might grow to appreciate the fine piece of programming that it has evolved into. Just my two bits, take it or leave it.

Edited by dotfusion

the latest W7T didn't work for me, i mean W7T windows didn't show up, only in taskbar

so i revert back using W7T v1.4.0.1

WinToolKit is being developed for both Windows 7 *and* Windows 8.  The developer even uses Windows 8 as his OS.  You might try using the most recent version of WinToolKit as the version you mentioned is at least 25 builds old.  (Lastest is 1.4.1.13)