Question about deleted / OLD threads

RicaNeaga

Ok, but why is that? This is the same as beeing deleted, aka not beeing shown publicly.

What if I want to brag about my help in developing the greatest Windows customization tool to my grandchildren?

I'm serious about this, I don't think it's ok you just delete those. Please discuss this with the wincert administrator, and make a section public (named ''Old stuff'' or whatever) with the contribution other people had from the beginning in developing your tool.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset, I also value and respect your work very much, but this deleting stuff or making them not beeing available publicly may raise questions on why you do this and also can make some people think you don't respect very much their contribution to your app. I know this is not the case here, just making a point. :)

Since Liam's goal is really just to get the old stuff out of the way so info he needs access to is not buried and he doesn't overlook anything, I don't see why an OLD subforum section couldn't be created that is totally locked, only Liam or other admins can add anything to it, but the public could still have access to it so they could see the incredible progress this tool has gone through and all the folks that have been involved in its development. If anyone sees any topic in this area that they feel needs more discussion, they can send Liam a polite PM explaining their reasons and ask him to reopen the thread. I would think that would satisfy Liam's needs and address RicaNeaga's point as well.

Cheers and Regards

Nah, I just think Lego didn't want to be distracted by the LARGE number of threads about stuff that have been taken care of a long time ago, or were just a misunderstanding from a user, or only applied to old versions and so are obsolete. That kind of thing. Yeah, I know that all those threads will automatically filter down to the bottom when they haven't been added to, but moving them out of the active area once they are taken care of means that Lego, and the public, don't have to worry about bumping threads that haven't been taken care of so they don't get forgotten just because Lego hasn't gotten to the lower priority items yet. I don't see it as anything other than that, so no need to be perplexed. Remember, as far as I know, this is the most active area of the entire Wincert forum, and will probably become the largest at the rate it's going, so a little housecleaning so things stay well organized benefit everyone.

(A similar example from another forum you are probably familiar with... Remember how bad it got over at RyanVM's before ELiTE's apps were moved into their own sub-forum? Everyone else's stuff was getting buried and you couldn't find anything. A little organization is a good thing. :) )

Cheers and Regards

• 2 months later...

I was recently checking old/trashed threads and in my opinion there could be a lot of topics that provide valuable information to new members and thus it won't be asked twice.

Trash is filled with topics moved from WinToolkit forum.

I would like to suggest that we move those trash topics back to the forum so mods can make another revision.

Although I do understand Lego by trying to keep the forum as clean as possible.

Topics that contain dead links can be safely moved to trash, but topics that contain any useful information should not be moved in any case.