Fashionable USBCell batteries

cro-man

USBCell_fashion.jpg

USBCell.jpg

Stylish batteries may not be on your top 100 list of fashion accessories -- especially if you never knew they were an option -- but if you think about it, in the back of your mind, haven't you always wished for a prettier battery? After all, it's a product that shows up in your life on a daily basis, and you have to look at it just like you have to look at your coffee maker or toaster, which have long been a part of the world of style.

UK company Moxia Energy, maker of the USBCell rechargeable battery, will soon be releasing these pastel-colored AA batteries for the "increasingly fashion conscious battery consumer."

There's no information yet on pricing of the pastel batteries, but the regular USBCell batteries come in packs of two for $19.95. Considering that they can be recharged hundreds of times from USB ports, the price is both an economical and ecological investment.

Moxia is also working on Tartan designs for Scottish customers and camouflage versions for the military, and designers are invited to work with the company to create other exclusive battery designs.

Source: Popgadget

Wow, ok then. Batteries aren't to be stylish, they go in stuff and power it. They could be all black and I wouldn't care :P

Anyway, I'd prefer to have actual AA rechargeable batteries. They get much higher MaH ratings because you have more of the volume to use as a cell. That cap and USB plug take away from cell volume and would reduce battery run time. The batteries I have are 2650MaH and run my Minidisc player for about 36 hours (as opposed to 42 with regular alkaline batteries)

Thats economical :P

None-the-less, neat idea, but I'd rather not have something like that because there's so many things that can go wrong. Ie) USB plug breaks off, lose cap, cell doesn't last as long, etc..