Making Changes to an Already Updated Image

compstuff

I never reuse an already integrated image so this is a first for me but I wanted to try something quickly and I realized I don't know how to do it. Using 5.01 v38 I integrated all my updates and realized that I made a minor mistake and wanted to remove the RDP 8 updates, which actually add an update as a pre-req and then creates an SFX entry. I have already tried a few different things with no luck now I am wondering if there is an easy way to actually do this.

Edited by compstuff

I usually use the component remover in 1.4.0.77 to locate the unwanted update package by it's KB number and remove. I've done this about a dozen times without any adverse effects. In fact I'm about to remove about 6 updates that are not on McRip's server. Hope this is of some help. Best regards.

EDIT :: With respect to yor suspect SFX entries. You could always delete the folder from the apps folder and remove the RunOnceEx registry entry.

Edited by dotfusion

Took me awhile to test this and get back with you but thanks it worked like a charm

I usualy use the component remover in 1.4.0.77 locate the unwanted update package by it's KB number and remove. I've done this about a dozen times without any adverse effects. In fact i'm about to remove about 6 updates that are not on McRip's server. Hope this is of some help. Best regards.

EDIT :: With respect to the SFX entry. You could always delete the folder from the apps folder on the mounted image and remove the RunOnce entry in the registry of the Offline WIM.

• 2 weeks later...