[Howto] Removing / Changing a silent installer switch after Integration

yogurt

Where can I find the silent switch settings for an installer that I already integrated?

I know that the installer can be found in %DVD%/Apps/*, however I dont see any configuration files in the folder. I've also searched thru the mounted registry and cant seem to find the switches in there either.

Can I just add the installer in a new session and have it overwrite the one from the previous session?

If I remove an installer from the apps folder. How does Win Toolkit installer handle the missing addon during First Desktop load (RunOncce)?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Edited by dotfusion

If I remove an installer from the apps folder. How does Win Toolkit installer handle the missing addon during First Desktop load (RunOncce)?

Tested this part, it simply ignores it...

Deleted Office 2010 Install Folder under Apps, nothing special happened, beside that Office 2010 wasnt installed as it didnt exist anymore...

Anything else was still installed, no errors and popups happened, pretty convinient and elegant approach, if you ask me ;)

Edited by Etz

Where can I find the silent switch settings for an installer that I already integrated?

I know that the installer can be found in %DVD%/Apps/*, however I dont see any configuration files in the folder. I've also searched thru the mounted registry and cant seem to find the switches in there either.

Can I just add the installer in a new session and have it overwrite the one from the previous session?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Silent installer-User-Admin-Download.RunOnce system 32 Win Toolkit.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks lego that makes more sense now. Welcome back to the forum. Congrats on the nice score on your programming assignment :D.

BTW :: I presume you mean Wim Registry Editor as opose to Win Registry Editor

Edited by dotfusion