[14 Juin 2014] Updates Packs GDR Windows 7 SP1

They were not proposed by WU on my x64 edition (I don't have XP mode installed on my x86 computer), so they seem to be optional.

As the Update list only contains GDR updates, I'm not sure they have to figure in the list. But I keep the download links !

The only problem with this two updates is, the links from MS download a selfextracting zip-archive and the user must uncompress it.

Thiersee

@ rhahgleuhargh

Thanks a lot, so after using your last Attached File 2014-05-13-Windows-7-PostSP1-x64-FRA.zip now everything is working fine.

Using Windows 7 x64 ultimate

After checking Windows update I notice that there no new important updates left to install. It means good work rhahgleuhargh.

The only problem with this two updates is, the links from MS download a selfextracting zip-archive and the user must uncompress it.

Thiersee

The purpose of these Update lists is only to contain updates required by Windows Update after a fresh installation (no more and no less), and only these GDR updates (so when you launch WU after installation, no prioritary updates are needed). These 2 updates provided by MS via email are not proposed via WU, so they don't have to figure in the lists.

• 2 weeks later...

@mooms

Hello mooms, may I place a small req to you?

Is it possible that you can provide some information on how to create a  "Leurre pour MRT". I would like to create this dummy-mrt, so I can integrate this file with wintoolkit.

thx

You just have to create a dummy executable file with the correct file version of the month.

I used Bat to exe converter (32bits) with this batch file (the content doesn't matter):

@echo offtitle Leurre pour MRTecho +echo Outil de suppression des logiciels malveillants Microsoft Windowsecho +echo Version 5.10.10001.0 - Mars 2014echo +echo Ce fichier est un leurre pour KB890830-MRT (Malicious Removal Tool)echo +pause

Don't forget to populate "File version" in Bat to exe.

Once, done, pack the dummy MRT.exe in a 7zip file and make an installer that puts it in the right folder, using  7zip SFX modified module.

Use this config:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!MiscFlags="4"GUIMode="2"RunProgram="%%P:hidcon:cmd /c copy MRT.exe \"%SystemRoot%\\System32\\\"";!@InstallEnd@!

Example command line (7za.exe must be in the same folder):

7za a mrt.7z MRT.exe -mx=1copy /b mrt.sfx + mrt.txt + mrt.7z leurre_MRT_x86-x64.exedel mrt.7z

You just have to create a dummy executable file with the correct file version of the month.

I used Bat to exe converter (32bits) with this batch file (the content doesn't matter):

@echo offtitle Leurre pour MRTecho +echo Outil de suppression des logiciels malveillants Microsoft Windowsecho +echo Version 5.10.10001.0 - Mars 2014echo +echo Ce fichier est un leurre pour KB890830-MRT (Malicious Removal Tool)echo +pause

THX for your quick reply, mooms. It works perfectly.

Thank you so much for this information, :icon_cool:

not to be rude, but i hope someone could possibly mirror moom's files.  it has taken over 30 minutes just to download part 1 :(

it might not be so bad if that site allowed more than 1 download at a time.

edit: oh, these haven't been updated since march?  oops my mistake.

I suppose I can just use this  http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-17-mai-2014/ instead? 

Edited by ccl0

edit: oh, these haven't been updated since march?  oops my mistake.

I suppose I can just use this  http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/12103-update-list-gdr-pour-windows-7-sp1-x86x64-17-mai-2014/ instead? 

Mooms's archives have been cancelled from mirror :sad01_anim: !

The files in the link are update lists for the WindowsUpdateDownloader;

they are for french users, but if you download IE11 and Windows XP-Mode separately in english, you can use this lists.

I really liked the one mooms made.  previously I was using post sp1 updates by steven4554 over at msfn,  but ever since I discovered the one from mooms I have used his ever since.  it was very elegant and efficient compared to the one from msfn.

Edited by ccl0

I really liked the one mooms made.  previously I was using post sp1 updates by steven4554 over at msfn,  but ever since I discovered the one from mooms I have used his ever since.  it was very elegant and efficient compared to the one from msfn.

edit: for some reason links to msfn have been blocked.

Which link for msfn?

The link i have given are not at msfn.

BTW, the list in the link are on the basis of them from steven4554 (and other people).

I don't have time anymore to make the packs, and mirrors are regularly deleted by order of MS, so update list is a more viable system.

Links to steven4554's and rhahgleuhargh's UL are in the first post.

rhahgleuhargh's UL are very similar to my packs (he added XP mode).

Which link for msfn?

The link i have given are not at msfn.

BTW, the list in the link are on the basis of them from steven4554 (and other people).

yes, i know :)   i was just commenting that the one from msfn was the one i used previously.   the other comment I made was abou when i made that comment above I also put a link to the msfn website,  but wincert automatically removed it.   but it is actually the same link as mentioned by mooms in his first post (ces listes alternatives).  I guess since mooms is a mod he can add msfn links, but non-mods can't for some reason :) 

yes, i know :)   i was just commenting that the one from msfn was the one i used previously.   the other comment I made was abou when i made that comment above I also put a link to the msfn website,  but wincert automatically removed it.   but it is actually the same link as mentioned by mooms in his first post (ces listes alternatives).  I guess since mooms is a mod he can add msfn links, but non-mods can't for some reason :)

AFAIK that is totally not true. I'm not aware of any problem that the staff as individuals or the WinCert board as a whole has with any links to MSFN, or to any other board for that matter as long as warez is not involved. To my knowledge, for any link that any member posts to be removed requires manual and deliberate action by a member of the staff, and if that happens they almost always post a reason why it was done. If you like, you are welcome to re-edit your previous post and put the link back.

Other boards I can think of that are considered friends and you will sometimes see references to are MSFN, RyanVM, BlackViper, ReBoot.Pro, MDL (carefully), ss64.com, robvanderwoulde.com, stackoverflow.com, microsoft.com, and many others.

I think at one time in the past there was a policy which restricted references or reposts of material from other boards, but as the technical community has grown, and some boards have specialized in different technical aspects, I think it has been recognized that no one board can have all the people with the answers to all questions and it is in the best interest of our members to refer folks to the best place they can get the help they need, so that restriction has been relaxed. For the convenience of all I believe that it is usually also quite alright to occasionally post a copy or quote from other sources with the key part of the answer, as long as the other source is properly acknowledged and referenced, including a link to the source. Of course it is preferred that we encourage all the smart folks we can find to become members here so that any problems or questions that come up can be answered directly by the ones that know, but when that is not possible ... Outright blatant plagiarism will not be tolerated and will be removed and the member warned and possibly banned if it continues.

Cheers and Regards

hm. well that is odd.  all i did was copy and paste the msfn link while making a post, and after submitting, the link wasn't there. :g: 

Not sure what happened previously, but i just did another test and it works now  :P

it wasn't that big of a deal really, just kind of strange. I've never seen that happen before lol

Edited by ccl0

Hmmm.  Did you try to re-edit this post - http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10811-15-mars-2014-updates-packs-gdr-windows-7-sp1/?p=108567 - today and add your link back?  Because It is still not there.  I'm confused.  Could you please send me the link via PM and include a description of exactly how and where you tried to insert it, maybe even include a quoted copy of the post with the link inserted in it.  If necessary I will ask among the staff to see if anyone deleted it or is aware of this issue.  Our members should be able to post links and I'd like to get this problem resolved.

Cheers and Regards

Thanks for the verification.  I'm glad it doesn't seem to be a problem after all.  I suppose it was just some kind of glitch.  Thanks for following up.

It is important that our members can post appropriate links when desired. :)

Cheers and Regards

Excuse me mooms, once created this "dummy MRT" exe file, how can I make an installer that puts it in the right folder, like yours?

Use 7zip SFX modified module with this config:

;!@Install@!UTF-8!MiscFlags="4"GUIMode="2"RunProgram="%%P:hidcon:cmd /c copy MRT.exe \"%SystemRoot%\\System32\\\"";!@InstallEnd@!

Command line: (7za.exe must be in the same folder).

7za a mrt.7z MRT.exe -mx=1copy /b mrt.sfx + mrt.txt + mrt.7z leurre_MRT_x86-x64.exedel mrt.7z

Thanks for your answer. Just a few doubts:

1) in the download section there are a lot of different packages (one for each compression method, if I got it right). Which one should I use? Once downloaded, should I just rename it to mrt.sfx, or do I have to edit it?

2) mrt.txt should contain the config text you wrote, right?

the "installer" is a 7zip sfx that will copy the file in the right folder depending if executed on x64 or x86.

3) is system32 the destination folder for both x86 and x64 systems?

Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm kinda new to this world. I'm trying to learn something. Thanks for your help.

1) Take the first one. That's the one I always use.

You don't have to rename it, but obviously the name should be the same that the one in the copy command.

You can edit it with resource hacker to change the icon, and/or compress it with UPX to decrease its size.

2) Yes.

3) Yes, but there is a subtility here: as the module is a 32 bits executable, we must use the variable %%P (bitness variable, specific to the modified module), otherwise the file will be copied in SysWOW64 in 64 bits editions.

There are numerous 7zip SFX guide here and on others forums like MSFN and RyanVM, and you can also read the help found on the site.

I have uploaded all the necessary files in a 7z archive: MRT.7z

Hello,

Voici ce que j'ai observé sur mes configurations pour les mises à jour de juin (changelog identique entre x86 et x64) :

IE 11 :

KB2957689 cumulative remplace KB2964358 KB2953522

Win 7 :

KB2957189 remplace KB2913431

KB2939576 remplace KB2916036

KB2957503 remplace KB2834886

KB2957509 remplace KB2786400

KB2800095 passe en V2

KB2952664-V2 mis à jour

RDP 8.1 :

KB2965788

Je teste ça d'ici la fin de la semaine et je publie les Update lists.

Edited by rhahgleuhargh

IE 11 :

KB2957689 cumulative remplace KB2964358

KB2952664

Hi,

1) KB2957689 (IE11) replaces KB2953522 not KB2964358.

2) KB 2952664(-v2) was already in the list from 17.05.2014; is this another version or an update?

Thiersee

Edited by Thiersee

1) KB2957689 (IE11) replaces KB2953522 not KB2964358.

2) KB 2952664(-v2) was already in the list from 17.05.2014; is this another version or an update?

Thiersee

Hello,

1) No ! Have a look here : KB2957689 supersedes:

• MS14-021 (KB2964358) on Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2
  • MS14-029 (KB2953522) on Windows XP Embedded

2) Yes, probably an update, even if it's a V2. This update was asked on my both x86 and x64 editions. I had a look on Windows Update catalog, updates are dated on 2014/06/10. So it supersedes the previous one (may 2014).

Edited by rhahgleuhargh