Anyone managed to slipstream Classic shell or Instart8 ?

EB1000

Hi

I want to make a Windows 8 (pro) setup DOK that will istall Windows 8 that will automatically load into Desktop with the Classic start menu. I don't care if it is Classic shell or start8. I could not find such an addon for wintoolkit. Is there any way to mege classic start menu into Windows 8 setup?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By abbodi1406
      Description:

The .NET Framework is a popular development platform for building apps for Windows, Windows Store, Windows Phone, Windows Server, and Windows Azure. The .NET Framework platform includes the C# and Visual Basic programming languages, the common language runtime, and an extensive class library. read more.

Info: The .NET package will be slipstreamed as pre-installed
      Notes:
      - The addon will conflict with some Windows Updates (.NET 3.5 Family), so leave the addon's integration to the last.
      - Add main addon first before LangPack addon, to get ASP.NET service localization properly.
      - To function properly, .NET 4.7.x require D3DCompiler_47.dll component, which is found in either the current "Monthly Quality Rollup" or "update KB4019990". It is recommended to integrate it first, or you can install it later.
      Windows6.1-KB4019990-x64.msu
      Windows6.1-KB4019990-x86.msu
      .NET 4.8:
      .NET 4.7.2:
      Languages Codes Reference:

• By BusyElf
      After some time spent writing cab addon for larger number of files, i started to look for programs that automate most if not all tasks.

I found out there are :

Inf-Addon Maker - haven't found valid DL links (both here and at win-lite)

DX Universal UpdatePack/Addon Creator (filename DXUPAC.exe DXTool_x64_005FE78D48FC1B11F7068FBBE6FC368A.exe) - DL links present but no options found to select Windows 7. Also at start program requires exe of hotfix/update (which i assumed this program creates as CAB output at end, not requires as input at start)

Inf-Assistant - no valid DL links

Are there any usable Win7 INF addon cab makers then ?

EDIT: I downloaded DXUPAC.exe and it was staring in my face the whole time  :doh:  It is split into several "send to" targets so i did not it see as one single package to work with. Which reminds me : do these pieces of DXUPAC have source code somewhere ?
      I kind of like using Notepad2 and manually assembling the INF files.
    • By Enki40
      I have been putting together an addon that bundles Windows Vista Mail, Calendar, Movie Maker, Dreamscenes, Hold 'Em, and a few other extras. The problem is that I need to register some dll files after Windows install using the regsvr32 command, but I cannot figure out the [RunCMD] part of the tasks file (I read both tutorials on the subject and tried addonmaker), nor can I figure out how simply execute a cmd after install like I could with nlite and Windows XP. Without this neither Windows Movie Maker nor Windows Media Player toolbar will work.

Could someone help me with this?

Thanks. (Also, I intend to upload this to the community when I have it working.)
    • By niTe_RiDeR_Pr0
      Internet Download Manager (IDM) - v6.21 Build 16 Final (Trial) + Extra IDM ToolbarStyles

INFO: I have added some cool IDM toolbar styles also.

File Name: idman621build16_addon-_-niTe_RiDeR.WA
      File Size: 6.13 MB (64,31,047 bytes)
      SHA1: EF1590A46FA204050937BFF1BCEBC4B2D6FC87E7
      MD5: 4B1D3763294E9027B8DC00EF44261D41
      Architecture: Dual

Enjoy! :thumbsup:
    • By niTe_RiDeR_Pr0
      Any Video Converter (Free) v5.7.3 
      by niTe_RiDeR_Pro

Architecture: x86 ONLY 
      File Name: AnyVideoConverter_free_5.7.3_x86O.Addon-_-niTe_RiDeR.WA
      File Size: 33.4 MB