Dell Latitude D630 randomly freezes

Hi all, sorry i haven't been active at all. I've been busy with stuff plus just living life really.

Anyways

My Dell D630 has just randomly started to freeze, my theory is that the GPU/CPU/MoBo has over heated and is now on its last legs and still trying to fight till the end, semptoms that show are the screen flickers a lot and then its like windows completely crashes and nothing moves and/or the sound is completely destorted (if something was playing..)

Specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz (i think)
4GB RAM
80GB HDD
nVidia Quadro NVS 135M 128MB

Brand new battery, 9-cell.

Anythink that i could do to maybe fix it? or just bit the bullet and let it go? haha

Thanks for any replys,

Reece

nVidia Quadro NVS 135M 128MB <--- is this integrated or change-able

Not sure, i'm going to open up the laptop tomorrow so i shall report back if it is or not.

Cheers,

Reece

Right I've opened it up and the GPU is integrated to the motherboard so its pretty much a dead end there. Not sure what else i can do, any ideas?

thanks,

Reece

EDIT: Should I invest in new thermal paste?

EDIT 2: Here's a picture on what happens after I have restarted the laptop:

20qm2o9.jpg

Edited by snakecracker

hm. Quadro NVS 135M is based on the 8400 series.  i seem to recall there was a lawsuit way back regarding nvidia selling faulty gpu chips. http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/p/51200/382885.aspx  not sure if yours is covered but your laptop was built around the same time. it could be you just lucked out and the defect didnt show itself until now.

Edited by ccl0