BUG - WinToolkit installer and path

komitaltrade

Here's some news:

• Fixed a flaw which can affect greatly the chance of finding the apps folder. It would select the drive with the install.wim rather than the apps folder first. This has been fixed.
  • An option in AIO Integrator > Options > Show Browse Dialog will prompt the user to browse for a folder if no silent installer files can be found, during install.
  • It no longers looked for 'Apps' folder but 'WinToolkit_Apps' folder instead. WinToolkit itself has been changed to suit this and automatically adjust pre-added silent installs.

All of these changes are in the latest test build.

Here's some news:

• It no longers looked for 'Apps' folder but 'WinToolkit_Apps' folder instead. WinToolkit itself has been changed to suit this and automatically adjust pre-added silent installs.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in Point #3. Can you please provide an example scenario?

Thanks Lego, that's what i thought but I wasn't sure. This is only in the 1.5 branch and not the 1.4 branch right?

I presume that for the time being you mean the 1.5 branch when you say "All of these changes are in the latest test build"

Here's some news:

• Fixed a flaw which can affect greatly the chance of finding the apps folder. It would select the drive with the install.wim rather than the apps folder first. This has been fixed.

Lego, point #1 brings me back to my original question. Does this Flaw effect the current 1.4 build? The reason I'm asking again, is because in a previous post you mentioned that Win Toolkit Installer will search all drives for the apps folder. If I put the apps folder on the root of a USB drive should I also include a 'nul' (empty) Install.wim file to ensure the Win Toolkit Installer finds the folder?

Edited by dotfusion

Hi,

if wintoolkit scan on every drive with a letter and additionally on x:\sources\apps how can i define

in wintoolkit to not integrate all the installers to the iso root?

The reason to not integrate Apps into the iso is space so how to do it?

What i want is having the installer but having the apps physically on a net drive like x:\sources\apps

but wintoolkit always integrates the apps into the iso.

And howto mount the remote resource? making a batch with the net use and trigger it locally (integrated to iso)

with the installer? iam confused... :)

Hints please.

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy

if wintoolkit scan on every drive with a letter and additionally on x:\sources\apps

The Correct path is %dvd%\apps

how can i define in wintoolkit to not integrate all the installers to the iso root?

At this time all apps integrated via Win Toolkit will integrate to iso root. Optionally you can move the apps folder to another medium like a USB Flash Drive.

The reason to not integrate Apps into the iso is space so how to do it?

you can move the apps folder to another medium like a USB Flash Drive.

Edited by dotfusion

The Correct path is %dvd%\apps

At this time all apps integrated via Win Toolkit will integrate to iso root. Optionally you can move the apps folder to another medium like a USB Flash Drive.

you can move the apps folder to another medium like a USB Flash Drive.

PLEASE NOTE: This will not be the case after the "test" version is released. The path will change to "WinToolkit_Apps", and there may be some other changes on the horizon.

Hi,

yeah but moving the Apps folder means, grab it out of the iso and save the iso without the folder?

Isn't there a managed way? What i mean is an option for installer like dont integrate Apps folder,

just prepare it in folder X then i can copy that folder to any other drive, without grabbing the stuff

out of the finished iso and so on.

@crashfly

I
read somewhere also that a feature is on the horizon, that if Win
Toolkit doesn't find the WinToolkit_Apps folder it will prompt the
user to browse for it's location. Nice :)

I hope it will then also work when the Apps folder contains more stuff then expected.

What iam trying to say is, normally the list what to install is hardcoded at the moment i start the process with wintoolkit,

afaik it contains the list in the registry.

A simple file in the root of the Apps folder, like contents.ini or something would be nice!

Another present would be profiles, means a dropdown box where i can select for example:

Work - Company XY - Computer

Work - Company XY - Notebook

Should be easy to realize, lego just add a dropdown menu, then in sfx i can set a option for any

apps (like a matrix that i can check) to which profile that app belongs to.

vhg7st3v.jpg

Then a menu option where i can define profile names. Then later when the installer is triggered

user can choose from profiles that check the right apps for you or can decide to choose manually.

So i can install different system with the same base but different apps without choosing the right

ones out of a list from 20-100 apps.

Another idea is to input network drive credentials directly into wintoolkit so it can mount a net ressource

to locate the apps folder automatically. (Maybe realised as program option)

Greetz X23

Edited by x23piracy