Download Windows 8

Falo

I thought I should download win8 from Toolkit 1.4.8 but was directed to a page with no downloads

at all (I think).

I only found how to buy win8, no link to download it.

But maybe it's just me who don't find it :-(

If it is there, where?

/Falo

I actually don't think that Windows 8 RTM has any official downloads. The ones that were offered were for the beta....

Actually there is 90 day trial option, only downside is you cannot activate it afterwards and must do reinstall.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx

Once your 90 days are up there's no upgrade route to a final release: the software will simply stop working, and you'll have to create a fresh installation of a new operating system. You'll be able to back up your files, of course, but system settings won't be transferable to final release versions of Windows 8 - even for those who are getting hold of the official Enterprise Edition at launch.

Edited by Etz

Actually there is 90 day trial option, only downside is you cannot activate it afterwards and must do reinstall.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx

Once your 90 days are up there's no upgrade route to a final release: the software will simply stop working, and you'll have to create a fresh installation of a new operating system. You'll be able to back up your files, of course, but system settings won't be transferable to final release versions of Windows 8 - even for those who are getting hold of the official Enterprise Edition at launch.

Ok!

But at least you can test it in a VM for a while :cap:

• 2 weeks later...