Update Catalog

Falo

1. When I use Update Catalog and choose McRip Windows 7x64 it creates a catalog in Updates with

all updates.

Next time there is a catalog called "Old" in there with a bunch of updates.

Are those just for the "trashbin"?

2. I'm from Sweden and used the IE9 update + Swedish mui msu for IE9. Now when I download updates

from Mcrip the MUI msu ends up in "Old" catalog. Is IE9 multilanguage and covers Swedish or should I

put back the MUI?

/Falo

Hi Falo,

a far as I understood the update mechanism, every month there are a couple of new updates, and there are updates, which are newer versions of existing updates.

These (old) existing versions will be moved to the "Old" folder and the new version is copied to your McRip folder.

Cause the updates in the "Old" folder are really old, they might can be deleted, but I haven't done it so far.

I can test it this evening...

Sorry, but I'm not sure about your point 2. Maybe I can test this in the next days...

but maybe your problem is solved, when you download IE9 directly in swedish ?

Edited by caphp

Hi Falo,

a far as I understood the update mechanism, every month there are a couple of new updates, and there are updates, which are newer versions of existing updates.

These (old) existing versions will be moved to the "Old" folder and the new version is copied to your McRip folder.

Cause the updates in the "Old" folder are really old, they might can be deleted, but I haven't done it so far.

I can test it this evening...

Sorry, but I'm not sure about your point 2. Maybe I can test this in the next days...

but maybe your problem is solved, when you download IE9 directly in swedish ?

Ok now I got it on my 1st point, thanks! :)

I can download a swedish ie9 .exe but I need an .msu file and I can´t find a swedish ie9 msu file.

Unless the ie9 that comes with McRip´s updates is multilanguage I guess I have to put back the Swedish MUI file

from "Old" catalog where WinToolkit moved it to.

/Falo

OK! :)

I didn´t know that.

Then my problem is solved, I thought I needed the MSU file

Thanks very much!!!!

(Have downloaded the swedish IE9 now :) )

The strange thing is that "IE9-Windows7-x64-sve.exe" goes directly to the "Old" Catalog when I check for

updates so I have to be aware of that when I have checked for updates.

/Falo

Edited by Falo

The strange thing is that "IE9-Windows7-x64-sve.exe" goes directly to the "Old" Catalog when I check for

updates so I have to be aware of that when I have checked for updates.

You can put the IE9-File somewhere, for example in the same folder of Wintoolkit-executable, but NOT in the update-folder.

Hi!

What happens with McRip?

There's no McRip choice in Update Catalog and when I tried the links in left lower corner this came up:

THIS ACTION IS FORBIDDEN!!!
ERROR
!!! STOP !!!
Either you tried to abuse this server as a
proxy server, you came over a proxy server, you tried to connect over
"CONNECT" Method,

you have the wrong user agent, you tried to hack the server, you have the wrong referrer, or your IP has been blocked!
HACKING THE SERVER IS FORBIDDEN

Is the server down or...

/Falo