question about a tweak

ccl0

under advanced -> tweaks -> start-up & shutdown -> change logon background

it says it will automatically convert the picture to all resolutions and compress them..

my question is, what if the file is already 249k?  i believe thats the max file size allowed for background images.  will wintoolkit still try to compress it?

i'm not sure. but it was an oem background image. not sure how i can find out that information

edit: i ran a test... and i can't tell if it got further compressed or the resolution altered in any way... so i guess there is a built in check (maybe?) which is what i was hoping for

Edited by ccl0

under advanced -> tweaks -> start-up & shutdown -> change logon background

it says it will automatically convert the picture to all resolutions and compress them..

my question is, what if the file is already 249k?  i believe thats the max file size allowed for background images.  will wintoolkit still try to compress it?

It will keep compressing the image until it is under 250kb so it shouldn't try and compress it. If it does, then it won't do any harm :)