What to expect in the coming weeks

Legolash2o

Before I talk about long term plans, I will talk about the next release. v1.4.1.12 already has a few bug fixes and enhancements.

Short Term - Next release:

*1.4.1.12^FIX: "KB2670838" will always be integrated before IE10. Because it is required for IE10 to be integrated.

*1.4.1.12^FIX: Typo on new 'Windows ISO' screen. Nothing special.

*1.4.1.12^New method of detecting update integration. Usually updates go green fine but some stay red. This new method gets the package name which you can see when you put your mouse over item. Anyways, all updates should now go green unless it's for the wrong version of Windows. For example, Windows 2012 updates won't integrate into Windows 8 and will show red.

*1.4.1.12^KB2764913 and KB2764916 (IE10 files) can now be integrated on x64. Any processor architecture neutral updates can now be integrated.

*1.4.1.12^'Windows ISO' > 'Exclusive ISOs' now displays download speed and time remaining.

I won't release v1.4.1.12 yet as I will be going through the automated error logs to fix what I can.

Long Term:
I'm still very behind with the code refactoring so I will have to dedicate at least an hour a day to get the job done. I haven't really done much recently and it really needs to get done before I can add new features. I will of course keep you guys updated on its progress

In case you've forgotten, code refactoring is where you replace older and possibly more complex code with newly learnt and simpler code. This helps create an efficient, simple and more streamlined program but also helps me squash bugs.

Also Win Toolkit production may end (except bugs) when Windows 9 comes out but I will start a new tool dedicated for Windows 9 :)

Anyways, back on point. When the code refactoring is completed I will finally be cycling throw ALL the request topics for the v1.5.0 release. I really need to get the code refactoring done first.

Releases:
Sometimes I can get carried away with release and release multiple updates a day, this tends to annoy people and therefore I am thinking about trying to release a beta build every night (assuming if anything has changed) and a public build every Sunday night.

This will also allow me to gather enough log data to release bugs and give you guys a chance to report more errors. The only time I will release an update before then is if there is a massive bug which needs to be addressed.

Automation:
I'm trying to make more processes in Win Toolkit automated for me. For example, the new update integration check will make life a lot more simpler for every body as you should no longer receive red updates.

Error logging is already fully automated which is brilliant as most users don't report bugs at all. There are, however, more things which could be automated for me which will give me more time for programming.

I will try and make donations more automated so users don't have to wait for me to give them a key.

I know, but tested it before I decided to add it to the repo. When installing manually IE10 downloads and installs these prerequisites and is also recommended by Microsoft. It's better to be on the safe side.

Edited by McRip

Here is some more news. Win Toolkit itself now skips pre-integrated updates. Usually it can take DISM around 5-10 seconds to decide if an update is already integrated. Now that Win Toolkit has taken over the checking, it's literally instant!

Note: The time saving is only noticed if an update is already present. It also checks verison numbers so if KBXXXXXX-v1 is integrated it will still integrate KBXXXXXX-v2 fine.

Oh, but you'll be amazed. :) All you have to to is contribute in some way to this great app. Or I can say... It's all written in the app! :D I mean you can find all the info in that screen of Exclusive ISO on how to contribute.

Hey, Lego, how about a new Win Toolkit cult? It's going to be the new scientology, let me just convince Tom Cruise to join. :D

Seek and you will find! Now I'm quoting the Bible... :D You want the short version probably... attached. In this way you'll find absoluti... errr... the isos, by following one of those paths. And three Hail Marys! :D

Sorry Lego for the little offtopic, couldn't help myself. :D

post-25565-0-44034900-1359503028_thumb.p

Thanx lego please reply msg. :D

@Rica: I see that xD 

1.4.1.13^FIX: Fixed 'Files' in AIO Integrator not copying properly 

Will addons now install corectly or i nedd alway run Wintoolkit RunOnce to install all of them ?

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/9345-speed-up-w7toolkit-on-high-spec-systems/page-3#entry94794

Lego already answered you.... (They are only for donators) You have to have supported the toolkit to have that feature enabled.

@Husein Pilipovic

While what you need to do to earn a key is specified in Win Toolkit, as reprinted above by RicaNeaga, it is then at Lego's sole and final discretion as the whether what you have done is enough to qualify.  Reporting one bug, that was already known, would not qualify, for example.  If you think you have done enough, PM Lego and ask him.  But do not pester him frequently.  If you do so you will probably hurt your chances.  To qualify you are supposed to provide help, not annoyance.  It is Lego's decision.

Cheers and Regards

@Husein Pilipovic

While what you need to do to earn a key is specified in Win Toolkit, as reprinted above by RicaNeaga, it is then at Lego's sole and final discretion as the whether what you have done is enough to qualify.  Reporting one bug, that was already known, would not qualify, for example.  If you think you have done enough, PM Lego and ask him.  But do not pester him frequently.  If you do so you will probably hurt your chances.  To qualify you are supposed to provide help, not annoyance.  It is Lego's decision.

Cheers and Regards

Thank you,No i didnt say for one bug i will get a key a sent a question about it to lego that's all. Cheers ;)