[Updated] ViStart 2.0 (build 3468)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ricks i think all resources of Vistart by default are in english exept one file named settings.xml wich is responsible for translating vistart .

Edited by ferigno1

ricks i think all resources of Vistart by default are in english exept one file named settings.xml wich is responsible for translating vistart .
Ur right :)

B6 version has an extra png file, Favourites.png only. Other files have same names and folder names.

I've completed my turkish one :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
How so? I tested it with sp3 and all went fine. Working even better than previous releases... ;)

with sp3 and nr uptade packt it seems doents work. after updated witn nr pack in nlite itryd to use as addon with nlite too but i doenst work.

• 2 months later...
with sp3 and nr uptade packt it seems doents work. after updated witn nr pack in nlite itryd to use as addon with nlite too but i doenst work.

Check latest addon my friend. I have got this working with my update pack before. There shuldnt be any errors ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Raoul

You can simply do this on your own!

Install ViStart in your real XP and rename the settings.xml in settings_nl.xml.

Then unpack the addon, unpack the ViStart.cab in a subfolder and copy the settings_nl.xml (which contains dutch language) into it.

Now you can repack all files including the new one back to ViStart.cab (use TUGZip or another CAB-able packer).

Replace the old ViStart.cab with your new one and add this code to your ViStart.inf:

[strings.0413]

LANG ="nl"

ViStart_Tip="XP start menu with Vista features enhancements."

UninsTitle ="ViStart Uninstaller"

UninsQuest ="Are you sure you want to remove ViStart from your computer? (Please exit program manually before you click Yes.)"

UninsFinal ="Congratulations ViStart was successfully removed from your computer."

IMPORTANT: please change the bold red text to your language, otherwise you will indeed have the dutch ViStart installed but the uninstallation-text will stay in English!

Now repack the three files ViStart.cab (your new one), ViStart.inf (your modified one) and Entries_ViStart.ini back to a ZIP- or 7Z-file - that's all!!!

This way I extended Rick's addon with German.

BTW, Rick, if you like I could post my modified addon and maybe Raoul could post his also, so that you could include two more languages!

:thumbsup_anim:

@Rick:

When I first boot my freshly installed XP, ViStart doesn't work :-(

I will have to kill it with Process Explorer and start it again manually from its folder. After this procedure it seems it works without any errors, but I ask myself, what went wrong?

I really would like ViStart to work from the first boot.

Best regards

cool400 :icon_cool:

• 1 month later...
@Raoul

You can simply do this on your own!

Install ViStart in your real XP and rename the settings.xml in settings_nl.xml.

Then unpack the addon, unpack the ViStart.cab in a subfolder and copy the settings_nl.xml (which contains dutch language) into it.

Now you can repack all files including the new one back to ViStart.cab (use TUGZip or another CAB-able packer).

Replace the old ViStart.cab with your new one and add this code to your ViStart.inf:

IMPORTANT: please change the bold red text to your language, otherwise you will indeed have the dutch ViStart installed but the uninstallation-text will stay in English!

Now repack the three files ViStart.cab (your new one), ViStart.inf (your modified one) and Entries_ViStart.ini back to a ZIP- or 7Z-file - that's all!!!

This way I extended Rick's addon with German.

BTW, Rick, if you like I could post my modified addon and maybe Raoul could post his also, so that you could include two more languages!

:thumbsup_anim:

@Rick:

When I first boot my freshly installed XP, ViStart doesn't work :-(

I will have to kill it with Process Explorer and start it again manually from its folder. After this procedure it seems it works without any errors, but I ask myself, what went wrong?

I really would like ViStart to work from the first boot.

Best regards

cool400 :icon_cool:

well the problem was that the start button runs as the first windows boot

then vistart runs so both crashes

i used to have a tweak for it to run the vistart first

it was something i did sometime ago

if ricks say yes i would post it in here

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...